SEO! Where it is going? Where it will be?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by William King, Apr 20, 2011.

1. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Panda update came and hit almost every website, now the button +1 is going to be added in the search results with every web page. Google is taking control from the webmasters and web analysts and keeping it to his self and giving a chunk to the internet users. Every day someone wake, check his rankings and his coffee cup almost abut to fall when he see that his website which was in top ranking now it is no where in the first 10 pages and he will spend months in figuring what actually happened.

Matt Cuts said Google will not spare the spammers but he forgot to mention with spammers they will also attack on the normal websites too which has spent years to achieve the top rankings.

What do you what will be the future of SEO in circumstances social media is getting more and more powerful every day as the SEO is becoming more and more unpredictable.

2. vanessalane

vanessalane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Publishing content just for the heck of traffic is not a good idea. This is the main reason why Google made the update – because a lot of sites take a lot of content just for them to attract more visitors from the search engines to go to their site and give some impressions and clicks to the ads.

They don’t really care about the quality of the content as much as the traffic they are getting from it. We have to always keep in mind that people want real, useful, quality content – and Google is just trying its best to deliver us that which we desire. True, there may have been some unforseen and perhaps unjust casualties, but that’s why it’s called a ‘change’ I’m sure Google will try to patch things up in due time.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

William I actually think that sentence includes a large part of the answer to your question. In my opinion social media will play a more important role in SEO in the future. The sites that will rank well in the search engines are those that are rated highly by their visitors and that are spoken about on social networking sites. This is a good thing in my view, as it means that the sites that will rank well on the search engines, will be the ones that provide the most valuable benefits to their visitors, and the not necessarily the sites who's owners know the most about SEO techniques.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

everyone are working toward perfect but we can never achieve "perfect", it can always be better.
    Any changing need time to show the result, and all the company are keep on improving
    Google is still the king of search engine, they will try their best to find the way which provide better search result

5. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly Fergal! You know that Google is trying to do its searches neat and clean, refine and helpful for the user. Robots and algorithms are mere computer programs they can not be perfect, they can read and collect the data but they are not able to perfectly refine the search results because they are unable to judge which content is unique or valuable. One can rank his site on top by deeply studying the behavior of search engines. In the case of social media things are totally different and the worth of site or a business is completely judged by the humans which have the sense to judge exactly which site is providing value added and helpful content.
    So if one says in the future when search engines will rely on the social network than I guess you can't deny it. As Google is criticized heavily by the sites which are suffering due to Panda update without any reason it will surely make Google to become more dependent on internet users rather than on algorithms

6. kathirine

kathirine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your suggestions. I will try. And please keep up with my website and give me some suggestions. There is discount on from one site.:)

7. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it will remain unpredictable forever. However, after a certain period businesses will rely more on paid advertising & sponsored listings than on SEO. This will be the case with businesses which stays behind in the keyword ranking competition. Social Media will be another primary medium of advertising & generating sales. But SEO will play its role somewhere or the other.

8. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're stating a fact and not an opinion, please keep it accurate. Many sites suffered a negative impact around this time, quite a few related to Panda and a whole host that were hit by other algorithmic changes, but to suggest it hit 'almost every website' is blatantly untrue. It didn't impact on far more sites than it did impact and of the vast majority that were impacted deserved to be so. Some might have had issues due to non malicious reasons (poor topical relevancy, poor site architecture, poor signal qualities, poor link profiles, poor standard of writing, etc.), but they did have issues all the same.

I find a certain amount of irony between those two comments. It's either difficult to do or it's easy to do, it can't be both (Hint: If you want sustained results and not short term spam, it's on the difficult side of things but far from a mystery how to do it and just takes a little knowledge and a lot of hard graft).

If a site is following genuine (up to date) best practices, they have absolutely nothing to fear when checking their rankings or traffic reports. It's only when the site is poorly optimised (as would be the case with any 'innocent' site hit by the Panda update) or is engaging in questionable behaviour that need be worried.

This is already the case and, as Fergal said, will only become more prominent in the future. I actually can't remember the last time I've searched for a fairly generic term (happens lots given some of the very unique or localised terms I'd use) and not had a Twitter reference appear on the SERP. As Google take steps to integrate both Twitter and +1 into their results and Bing and Facebook continue with their collaborative work, the impact of social media is almost certain to continue growing in SEO.

The other very clear signal the search engines are giving is the increasing importance that semantic markup (micro formats, or most notably Schema.org) is going to play. This is going to be a real game changer for SEO in the coming 6 to 18 months and one to get on board with early. All three major search engines have come together to back the Schema.org system and every comment made by them relating to it is showing it's going to be the big change in 2012. I think there's still a lot of refinement going to come relating to Schema, it's far from perfect at the moment, but it is going to be huge.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hulbert Lee

Hulbert Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google is targeting spam sites which is good for search engines. I believe that as long as you are creating unique, quality content on your site and getting back links that are legitiment, then your website will do well in the SERPs.

10. Charles-John

Charles-John
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to do SEO is to do what you would do if there were no search engines. I would post my site in forums, help people, write articles about my website and products, participate in discussions, social media etc etc etc. In short I would try to be present everywhere in the web. That is exactly what SEs want you to do. They are not looking for a bunch of links but proof that you are the best.

• Like Like x 1
  11. etrade123

etrade123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are doing Quality work then your site's page rank(pr) will be increased. because google panda check the contents of your site and also it is checking designing of your site.