SEO Training or self education:

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by saahil2310, Apr 4, 2014.

1. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are your views about getting SEO Training? Will training make someone perfect seo expert or learning something itself will make a better seo expert? According to me learning new things online and also offline with yourself can make you a better seo expert. Are you agree to me or not?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There is really no such thing as an SEO "expert", and no one can ever become "perfect". SEO changes so fast that something that was true today may not be true next month. Although there are some who have achieved high rankings for their own website and therefore consider themselves "experts", most of the time they are not.
    You can "learn by doing", as the old saying says, but if you are really considering becoming an SEO professional, you are better off going to school to learn as much as you can, then apprenticing, or even working, for an SEO firm for a few years, gaining more education as you go. Even after all that, if and when you decide to strike out on your own, you need to stay informed, and keep learning, to remain a professional.

3. jonathant

jonathant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just like joeroxx said above there is no "SEO expert". I would say to get training on SEO is just not worth it because of how dynamic google is in their search rankings and how fast they update and tweak their algorithms. You should always be reading and learning about new topics that are coming out just to keep your knowledge updated. Of course what really helps in the end is creating unique content for your audience and google will find and rank your website accordingly.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

With the level of competition and technology today, creating the best website and waiting for Google to find it is no longer enough. As you and I both noted, even the best training is not enough. It is, however, the best place to start, and it is only the start. Because technology is always changing, keeping informed, "reading and learning about new topics" as you put it, is essential for your level of expertise to remain up to date.