SEO - The Yahoo way!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by LordRoco, Feb 20, 2013.

1. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

DO anyone of you use Yahoo Answers as a way to improve your SEO indexing? In the past, it used to be such a interesting way to leave the footprints of your community in the web, but now, it has turned to be an over-used giant and people only use it for referencing purpose. I was amazed here that there are admins (still!) who use Yahoo answers to get the word out there, thinking that it is an effective way to get indexed and to stay high on SEO.

What do you think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've never used Yahoo Answers to promote a site. However, I have noticed that some questions and answers there, do rank very highly for search terms in Google.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are actually lots of traffic coming from yahoo answers especially if your answer get to be chosen as the best. People get to see it and see the page as reference like you said.

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Answering sites like yahoo answers were a good way to get back links as these sites have good PR and the the backlinks one gets is free. Since the answers also showed up on SERPs it was frequently used and there was no harm as well like other techniques.

5. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I've heard about yahoo answers being used as an SEO procedure but I think most of the time, links are deleted.

6. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for traffic: yes it is helpful. But it is VERY time consuming work and I don't think it worth that time spent on answering all of questions posted there

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great idea lord roco...I have not thought in this direction till now ...yeah but as fergal indicates some yahoo answers do have high index ranking on google..I have checked it through.....

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not if yahoo sees it contributes to the topic.

9. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is almost time I should remind you about two very important concepts about promoting a product

1. Dont leave a single stone unturned.
    2. Though its time consuming, it helps you spread your name. Remember, no pain equals to no gain.

Thanks. The dual advantage is, you get better indexed results in both google as well as yahoo. Surely, its something you should think about!

10. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The trick is to buy the service from trusted, long-standing contributors.

11. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah Yahoo was a big place for SEO couple of years ago. Still, Yahoo is used but the word Google is now the word of mouth nowadays. Still, I see Yahoo questions and answers in google search at the first page.