SEO: The toughest Job on Planet

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stevex, Jul 2, 2015.

1. stevex

stevex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The seo job I found the toughest on the planet. We in seo learn a lot and use good and also bad means to rank better in search results. We do the hard work of learning the act and bring websites up in rankings. Then suddenly Google rolls out an algorithm and most of us go at the starting point. This is interesting but can be very stressful at some times. Even they who use good techniques in seo will agree with this. They too have somewhere been panalyzed by Google. The success in seo is like melting ice in our hands. What are your thoughts about the seo job??

2. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I hate doing any kind of SEO work, simply because it takes time and patience, both of which I don't have. :rolleyes: With all the technology we have, you would think it'd be a tad easier for SEO, no?

However I will say with Wordpress, SEO was a breeze. All I did was download one plugin and I never had to touch anything of SEO again. :D

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There are two reasons why Google makes a major change to their algorithm. Either a previously accepted technique has been abused, or technology has changed to the point that Google must change along with it ( for example, the latest change adding mobile friendly as a ranking signal for websites viewed on mobile devices). Minor changes are being made all the time, to make the existing algorithm work better. Yes, there is some collateral damage, but as long as a webmaster or marketer follows Google's Webmaster Guidelines, the damage should be easily fixed. As we all know (or should), SEO is not a once-and-done job, it is a constant, ongoing process. I would not recommend using only plugins, since it automates too much of the process. I have also heard it slows down the load time. If you do use plugins, use them to help you do the work, don't let them do all the work for you.

4. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

For me personally, using the plugin was the best thing I could do. Yes, its a continuous process but the plugin did the work for me, the work I did not really know how to do.

And it did not slow down my speed, it actually helped it. :p

5. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't say that SEO is the toughest job on the planet. Nothing is easy.

SEO experts who'd like to sell you their services would do all in their power to convince you that SEO is hard. There's no denying the fact that it certainly is somewhat hard but I've come to learn that most webmasters have issues with the search algorithm updates. When they hear rumors that they'll be an update they are always expecting the worst . . .

The SEO landscape is ever changing. Webmasters must adapt or they'll lose ground to their competitors. Anticipating the worst would prepare you to face whatever comes, with enthusiasm. Should the updates make you lose you rankings, it's not the time to mourn the loss — get back to work. Change your SEO strategies, do what Google suggests and you'll get [back] your previous rankings or better ones.