SEO Techniques

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Robert20, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Robert20

Robert20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are some ways people use SEO, SEM, and SMM? I've been using Google Analytics and AdWords for SEO and the usual outlets for SMM i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I wouldn't say im a SEO expert but I do know a couple of things but wouldn't hurt to hear more tips from other people.

So post your SEO techniques

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If past experience is any indication, you'll probably get a lot of replies, some of which will be useful, some not so much. You can start by checking this Featured Thread, especially the SEO Tools, Keyword Research, and Link Building.

Basically, there are three things you, or someone working on your behalf, would need to do - Keyword Research, On-Page Optimization, and Link Building. Keyword Research is to find the best keywords for your site, without being so competitive that they are beyond your reach. On-Page Optimization ensures that your site has no errors that could hold it back, and that you are not using, intentionally or otherwise, questionable techniques that can hurt your site's reputation and rankings. Link Building gives the search engines what they need to determine where your site should be in the rankings for the keyword phrase related to your website. You'll want to avoid buying links in bulk, because this is obviously fake, and could wind up hurting your rankings.

3. Ambi

Ambi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO, SEM and SMM all are different. Let me explain in brief, SEO is a process to optimize your site for search engines as well as users and rank well in Search engine result pages.(its an organic process)
    SEM includes Adwards and Adsense and for these campaigns you need to pay to Google to show your links.
    SMM is social media marketing and it includes promotion of your product and service through social networks like twitter, facebook, myspace etc.

4. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will find that the SEO community is full of people that give away distorted information about tips and tricks that they use. Just by the nature of SEO, it's so competitive and easy to duplicate - nobody likes giving tips and tricks away.

5. harjos

harjos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO techniques will help you optimize your website so you will get a higher search engine results position. Some of the things can be done quickly. Others will take a bit of time. Keyword density is a very important part of search engine optimization. Keyword density is the percent that your keyword or keyword phrase are of your web page text. You may want to look that your competition to see what keyword density they are using. To high a keyword density will be considered search engine spam and can get you blacklisted.

6. himansu

himansu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO, SEM and SMM process are best to promote our website

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although it is true that no one will give away proprietary information, it is possible to help someone learn the basic steps to get them started, and make sure they know what they are getting themselves into. Once they learn what's involved, they can then decide whether they can do it themselves, or that for them it may not be "easy to duplicate", and they may need to have someone do it for them. This is where a website owner needs to avoid the "distorted information about...tricks that they use". No one should use tricks or "black hat" techniques to try and make the search engines do what they want - this is more likely to hurt than help.

8. kajal123

kajal123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys....I think ...." Link Building gives the search engines what they need to determine where your site should be in the rankings for the keyword phrase related to your website. You'll want to avoid buying links in bulk, because this is obviously fake, and could wind up hurting your rankings".......

thanks a lot...

regards..
    kajal.

9. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have my own way of doing internet marketing. Internet Marketing is a main tree and SEO, SEM and SMM are its branches.
    When I set up a website do its onpage SEO after and work on every bit of it to set a perfect title, keywords and description for the website and other necessary onsite SEO factors like h1 and h2 tages etc.
    After that I work on the site from the user point of views and make sure that my site have much to offer for the visitors of my niche.
    Than I move straight to social media marketing and build relationships to make some loyal visitors of my site the social media marketing includes Forums, Social Networks and Blogs. At this stage I prefer quality instead of quantity and for this very reason I only work on facebook, twitter, one forum and hardly 2 or 3 blogs. The amount seems very small but if your every post contains something valuable than you will get 1000 ti 1500 visitors monthly alone from this sources and the amount of visitors will increase gradually. After driving reasonable traffic to the website my next target is usually to provoke discussions on the website this will allow me to interact with my network on my website and I will not not have to roam through different platforms. This will help me to save sometime for link building and at this stage I will give much time to link building to get my set anywhere on the top pages.
    After that it depends upon the earning of my website if the earnings are for PPC i will set up a PPC campaign which allows me to worry less about traffic and work more on making backlinks or otherwise I need to balance between the SMM and offsite SEO

10. local1270

local1270
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say Backlinks from theme related sites, link wheels with web 2.0 properties and above all article marketing !

11. wadeinni

wadeinni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO, SEM, and now SMM are tge core of your website visibility so it's advised to employ the best and reliable methods of each to maximize that visibility. With that said, I must dispell what in my opinion is becoming a ghostly myth of SEO in regards to article marketing. Since the recent launch of Google Panda/Content Farm update you will want to put article marketing at the backburner of your SEO campaign. If your goal with submitting to article banks is to gain referral traffic, article marketing is helpful for that. If however, you're looking for a push in search engine ranking thats not going to happen. The new Google algorithm updates specifically targets low quality websites and content which carry scraped, syndicated, and duplicated content across the web. Places like Ezinearticles, article city, article dashboard are now included in those sites marked as content farms.

You do better over time in the serps doing link building via relevant sites in your niche that allow dofollow backlinks. Even sites that only allow nofollow backlinks are stilll helpful if they are high trafficked. While the link juice won't pass from them to you to bump you in the search results, the referral traffic will be worth it due to the importance of your content to users on those sites.

Pay particular attention to SMM now. Once again Google and Bing have announced publicly that Social media signals from Facebook and Twitter especially hold enormous weight in search engine ranking. It appears that more "shares" and "likes" directly correlate to an increase in ranking, it's so important now that Google just launched "Plus One" in hopes of taking a large chunk of the social media pie from Facebooks "Like" feature. All this coming from the mouth of Matt Cutts, Google's chief search engineer.

SEM (Google Adsense/Adwords) still helps tremendously, If you have the budget to dedicate to it. Many of my colleagues with startup businesses especially web-based have seen a huge increase in users and sales conversion after using adwords, but they had to stay consistent with it. There are more techniques but the backbone of your SEO campaign is still solid linkbuilding, it has the highest ranking factor for now.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I must respectfully disagree, and your post mentions the reason why. You referred to the update as a "Content Farm update". A "content farm" churns out articles for the express purpose of creating links for the search engines to find. Articles that are written with the reader in mind can still be used to send links to other websites. Blogs, social networking sites, and press releases can also be used to provide links, as long as the phrases being targeted occur naturally within the flow of the content.

13. sutindaya

sutindaya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Important SEO techniques :
    * Title Tag
    * Meta Tags
    * Proper Use of Heading Tags
    * Alt Attributes on Images
    * Title Attributes on Links
    * XML Sitemap
    * Relevant Content
    * Link Building
    * Social Media

14. Alvasin

Alvasin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO: Search engine optimizationOr social marketing or advertising
    There are so many techniques--

- Social Bookmarking
    - Link submission
    - Backlinking by blog commenting
    - Bcaklinking by forum posting
    - Link wheel
    - 2 Way link
    - 3 Way link
    - Local Business submission
    - Article Spinning

• Like Like x 1
  15. kumkum01

kumkum01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is very nice .I agree this....."Articles that are written with the reader in mind can still be used to send links to other websites. Blogs, social networking sites, and press releases can also be used to provide links, as long as the phrases being targeted occur naturally within the flow of the content"..........

thanks for share...

kumkum.

16. williams9394

williams9394
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO Techniques are a set of specific tasks that would be performed by a Search Engine Optimization Company, when employed by a Client who desires high search engine positions to attract targeted traffic, with the intention of increasing their conversion rates and brand awareness.

17. Christabell36

Christabell36
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends...!
    Nice post...In my point of view Social Bookmarking,Link submission,Backlinking by blog commenting,Bcaklinking by forum posting,article submission,directory submission are the best SEO techniques...!

18. iverson

iverson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

is there any good SEO community, please let us know.

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can get excellent SEO advice and discussions right here in our Sales & Marketing, Online Promotion & SEO section iverson.

20. iverson

iverson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

now, i am only using the Google AD. we locate in China, can not visit twitter and Facebook, but as you know, twitter and facebook is the great tool to promote your website. just like use the blog to promote. so, if you can log in facebook and twitter, make full use of them.