SEO Selection.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by IrekJanek, Feb 11, 2015.

1. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is for our SEO members.
    Could you guys share with us some advice on SEO selection.

If anyone decides to employ an SEO help (white hat only). What should we expect as far as service portfolio? What should be a price range (with break-down if possible)? How much changes to our content should we expect? Did I miss anything?

Thanks

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It should go without saying that any SEO firm you hire should be using only white hat techniques. The firm should be able to take care of any and all SEO-related activities, both on-page and off page. Under no circumstances should you hire individual companies or individuals to perform each task. Tasks performed should include a thorough keyword analysis, and the client should choose the desired keywords, based on that analysis. A comprehensive web site audit should be done, to determine any coding or design errors that are keeping the website from being ranked, and any improvements that can be made to enhance the website to increase the rankability(if that's a word) of the website. Off page activities should include article creation and syndication, social bookmarking, and branding activities such as participation in social media sites and video. Changes to your content, if any, should be made as necessary, and will vary depending on conditions - there is no set number, or typical number of changes, that can be applied as a general rule, and anyone who gives you one has no idea what they're talking about. The price should fit within your budget, not necessarily match it, and the level of service should be reasonable based on cost. The actual services you receive will depend not only on your budget, but on the competitive nature of your type of business and desired keywords. Prices for an SEO firm can range anywhere from $500 to $5000, with lower quantities of keywords on the low end, and the price increasing as the quantity and/or competitive nature of the keywords goes higher. Individuals or very small firms will cost less, but may not be able to give certain clients the level of service they need.

3. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Irek,

I definitely would suggest you initially gauge your USPs, KPI. Content plays a key role, hence ensure you have the best of it highlighting your company's product/service perspective.

Pricing depends on what you need:

As a goal - achieve good branding presence, SERP ranking and then push off from the agency to handle it by yourself.
    OR
    You want them to run the show on daily basis

Also decide if:

Project based pricing
    Hourly consulting
    Contract services
    Revenue growth model based pricing

Your business is:

Small business with limited geography, local market
    If you are a business targeting an entire region
    A niche target market needs a different approach

Basic audit, detailed audit
    Website audit
    Develop a responsive website or Sync with your existing in-house web design team
    Onpage content analysis
    Create content
    Content promotion
    Keyword research
    Keyword optimization
    Offsite techniques implementation - Link Building
    Social media is related to SEO optimization
    Analytics setup and reporting
    Visual content development and many more aspects

4. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am afraid your question is too broad. It will depend on the options the SEO contractor or company offers.

If I were to hire one, I would look for someone willing to...

+ offer me some guarantees of their work (note: offering me a first position in Google would be a major red flag, as that cannot be just guaranteed)
    + explain me how they are planning to work on my website
    + show me reports which are not just fluff, tangible things I can see or count like "we got you 2 links last week, here and here"

SEO offers are really "esoteric" in many cases. Those who can make things sound accountable are more realistic, and I would feel more comfortable hiring them.

About pricing, it is a very hard question. As a reference, the company in Latin America I work for charges around 1500 USD a month for the service; however, if your business is in a very competitive field (like tourism), suppliers would try to charge you more.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If Irek had simply posted the first two lines, that would be too broad of a question(Trust me, I keep an eye out for those things). By adding a few more details, we were able to give him/her a general idea of what to expect, although Kevin did go into a lot of detail. As far as what you would look for, I would advise against looking for any kind of guarantee, not just rankings. What you are looking for is testimonials or references, and references would not be given unless the prospect shows a serious interest in a firm's services. Explaining (to) you what work they would be doing should be included in a detailed proposal as a first step, before the firm is hired. Reports should be provided a minimum of once a month, and would also provide detailed information.

6. anubhavsharma78

anubhavsharma78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seo is a long term process and a ongoing process. if you need best seo never provide a hard deadline to your contractors or it will result in frustration and bad impact on seo work.

7. caohongquang

caohongquang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Once up top keywords, we still need to maintain at first why?

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Google and the other SEs want to provide the most helpful, most current information to the searcher. Plus, in order to get to #1, you have to pass all the others who got there before you, and there are also other competitors who want to be where you are. So, in order to keep your #1 rankings, you have to keep your SEO efforts going. to make sure you have the most current information available, and to keep others from surpassing you, as you passed them.

• Like Like x 1