SEO Reporting

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rudradhar, Aug 20, 2013.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Guys,

Can anyone help me with SEO reporting. What are the task and numbers should I mention in SEO report.

Any Template will be a great help.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are you compiling the report for your own website, or for a client?

3. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am compiling a report, for a client.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could start with the client's objectives for the campaign and find ways how to track progress towards those objectives.

For example if the client wanted to achieve Google rankings for a certain keyword, you could show what the ranking for the keyword was before the campaign started, compared to the current ranking. Other measurements you could track could include;

Unique visitors per day / week / month to the site
    Alexa ranking
    Google PR
    Yahoo ranking
    Bing ranking
    Number of backlinks.

Does that help?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Fergal has made some very good suggestions. In addition to "number of backlinks" I would add "source of backlinks", in other words, what sites the links are coming from. Although this could lead to the client questioning some perfectly legitimate backlinks, it could also mean the client catching some not-so-legitimate links, or a unusual amount of the same time of links, if you use them, and they can question these as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

To follow up on the comment by joeroxx, I think the source of backlinks is the most single important factor in search engine optimization today, particularly with Google post-Penguin and post-Panda. Without knowing source of the backlinks, the client can't possibly know whether it has "natural" linking patterns as required by Google.

To me, the nature of the work is much more important than the short-term results. Although I would certainly hope to see an improved ranking in the search engines as a result of spending money on SEO efforts, as well as an increase in desirable traffic, a short-term boost based on tactics which will backfire in the long run is worse to me that no increase at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use an excel file in compiling reports for my client. I divide the file into 3 major sheets: SEO Campaign Overview, SEO Time Frame Details, Keyword Rankings, and the fourth sheet is for the backlink report.

For the SEO campaign overview, that includes the month when the campaign started how many backlinks and its sources.
    For SEO Time Frame, that's where the task monitoring takes place. It's a weekly task chart of all SEO tasks.
    For Keyword rankings of course the monitoring of the keywords.
    and for the fourth sheet, that's where I compiled all the backlinks and it's sources, the type of link building, and the date.

I find that more organized.

• Like Like x 3