SEO Question.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Zwillson, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zwillson

Zwillson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will you optimize our site without including us in the directories or doing any link building?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Were you asking if Business Advice Forum does this, or were you looking for someone to do this for you? What directories were you referring to? Why do you not want link building done? If you can answer these questions for me, and provide as many details as possible, I may be able to help you.

3. springsnow

springsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you don't need links from directories because they're link building techniques of yesterday, but you do need natural links from quality sites.

4. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To put it plainly, you would still need links.

But, not in the same you do it as before. You have to earn those links in the natural way.

5. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to earn more links is to off page process and to all quality sites. "Quality not Quantity"

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although all of you are correct you still have not answered Zwillson's original question. That is why I asked for clarification. We need to know why directory listings and link building are not desired. Also, it was not specified that "including us in any directories" and "doing any link building" were related in the original question, so clarification is needed here as well. As soon as we know exactly what Zwillson is asking for and why, we can then provide a more helpful answer.

7. springsnow

springsnow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I assume by SEO he means ranking a web page in search engines though search engine ranking is just part of SEO.
    Directory listings worked between 2005-2007. I've built a semi-automated directory submitter in 2005 and it was used by thousands of users.
    Submitting to article directories (ezianarticles etc) worked from 2005 - 2009.
    Blogposts (unique content) worked till 2010.
    Guest posts (blog posts with editorial control) worked well till 2012. They still help if the links in the posts are from quality sites and the percentage of guest posts links are under 30-50%.

Links are still the most important ranking factors in Google. Link earning is the best way to rank a site now, but link earning isn't enough. So it works better to combine with natural link building.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.