SEO Plugin

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by Ethan, Dec 18, 2015.

1. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

• When writing meta information, the Yoast plugin will show me a Google search result snippet preview - all SEO plugins do this
    • It has the ability to get me verified Google Authorship for my website - you don't need a plugin for this
    • The Yoast plugin will rank my SEO value page by page from Bad, Poor, Ok, and Good - this is so inaccurate it's not worth considering
    • When linked with Google Webmaster tools, it has the ability notify search engines automatically once my content is published. - wordpress already does this
    Yoast is becoming one of the worst SEO plugins. The collaboration with onpage.org is dreadful. Just look at the recent reviews on wordpress: https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/wordpress-seo

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

dian-idcs2:
    As you can see, having many features is not necessarily a good thing, and you did not answer my question. How long have you been using it, and what kind of results are you getting? Are you getting, and maintaining, high rankings for the appropriate keywords? Has your traffic consistently increased? Is it the right kind of traffic? If the answer to these questions is "no", no amount of features is going to make any plug-in a good idea.

3. kingson42

kingson42
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before Yoast 3.0, Yoast was a great plugin but after 3.0 you got many ads and errors. That's why many webmasters jump from Yoast to alternatives. Check The SEO FrameWork, Its new SEO plugin designed with massive and busy (multi-)sites in mind and without Ads.

4. wyom

wyom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are many SEO plugins available:
    On-Page SEO Analyzer WP-Plugin
    Off Page SEO plugin
    Quick Pages - WordPress SEO Tool
    Total SEO for WordPress
    SEOAnalyzer
    WordPress SEO Bot
    Yoast
    All in one SEO pack

But I use mostly Yoast SEO. It is easy to use and SEO friendly.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Yoast is bloated, conflicts with other plugins and has a load of 'features' that you don't need or don't work properly. The traffic light indicators for example are quite useless.

6. technocrab

technocrab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice question..Yoast SEO definitely will provide most of what you need to optimize your WordPress website for search engines. Besides adding meta tags to headers and change the title tag, it also generate XML sitemap and give you recommendations on how to improve your text in page bases on your target keyword.

#26 technocrab, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  7. arjunrishi

arjunrishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New.
    These are some SEO plugins for WordPress:
    1. WordPress SEO by yoast
    2. SEMrush
    3. Google keyword planner
    4. Keyword tool
    5. Open site explorer
    6. Linkpatrol
    7. Broken link checker.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

And both of these do the job badly. Don't ever use yoast to generate your sitemap and don't take any notice of it's content suggestions.

9. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yoast SEO is always my first choice, because it enables to do the on page in the most easy way. Its usability is most beneficial when it checks everything in the content and notify by green, red or yellow lights. I am using it since a long time and it always helped me.

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The traffic lights are not good. If you follow the advice from Yoast you can really mess up your site.

11. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@fisicx

Please give some details that how it mess up the whole site?

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The XML site generator is hopeless - it doesn't set page priorities which are key to filtering out the less important pages.

The traffic lights algo is very poor and if you follow their advice you can get some spammy looking pages which google doesn't like.

The focus keyword is wrong in so many ways. Pages often have multiple keywords so to focus on a single keyword can lose you all sorts of long tail ranking.

Add to this, each page is loaded twice - once for the visitor and once for yoast. If you have a busy site this can really slow things down.

I used to use yoast but have now stopped because it is so bad. I now build my own SEO functions into my themes.

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

For simplicity's sake, some people use "keyword" to refer to both "keyword" and "keyword phrase" to avoid having to mention both terms all the time. With this in mind, "keyword" would include long tail phrases. Each page should focus on one or two related keywords, rather than "multiple" keywords, so that the search engines can determine what the subject of the page is.

14. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Indeed that is correct Joseph, but Yoast doesn't work like that which is why it's so useless as an SEO plugin.

15. Afrin Shaikh

Afrin Shaikh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best SEO wordpress plugin is Yoast SEO Plugin. I Have developed number of wordpress websites and everytime i used yoast seo plugin to do on page seo. It provides all the on page seo parameters at one place.

To install this...
    1) Search yoast plugin from wordpress plugin area
    2) Install it.
    3) After installing it provides title & description option for each pages
    4) In settings option add Google Analytics code.

#35 Afrin Shaikh, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017