SEO optimization of pagination pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mark_Trader, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Mark_Trader

Mark_Trader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys, does anyone have an Idea of optimization of pagination pages?

2. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The practice of using pagination on pages to break long information or list into small parts is outdated now. You don't need to use pagination anymore.

Instead, use scroll to reveal jquery. You may see this jquery in action on sites like; Mashable, Forbes and many other.

However, if you still want to stick with this outdated tactic, give id to each pagination page. Like, xyz.com/service?id=1 (for page 1) and xyz.com/service?id=2 (for page 2) and so on. If you do this, search engine will consider all these pagination pages as one page, (that is service page in this example). This will make it easier for you to do seo since you only have to optimize single page.

3. ludovic

ludovic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe it's outdated but personally I dislike this and prefer old pagination because most of the time with a laptop with a touchpad and without using a mouse or tactil screen you back to the top of the page everytime due to bug or wrong movement. So for me who is always using the touchpad of my laptops, I loose time and am angry.

Prefer pagination and you can have also a good idea to see if the website has or not a a lot of content.

4. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Pagination refers to the process of segmenting links and pages and organizing the data in order to improve the navigational structure and make it more manageable and user-friendly. It helps to reduce server load and improve website loading speed.

5. matthewgayle

matthewgayle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website has long content and you want to split it into multiple pages, you can use pagination. It will help to better organize content and improve usability. If you are not done properly, it will occur problem with paginated content. So you have to avoid duplicate content issue.

6. paulsimmons

paulsimmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been practicing to add to the canonical tags in pagination to transfer all the link juice at one point and get the maximum results to the first / main page. If you want to optimize it maximum then here is a ultimate guide to pagination - blog.woorank.com/2014/04/pagination-in-seo-guide-to-noindex-view-all-and-relprevnext/

7. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pagination is important to give a perfect look to the content of the website. It is very irritating if your website is having lots of content in your page and need to scrolled down in order to reach the bottom of the page. Here, you can use Pagination in your website, you can copy the content and link to the other page(preferably inner page of your website) by using the term as "Read More", etc.

This will help to give a pleasant look to your website and also Google bots finds it easy to crawl the website.

8. Grantly Lynch

Grantly Lynch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can anyone send me to a site that uses Pagination as I would be interested to see how it works.

9. The View Abu Dhabi

The View Abu Dhabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse