SEO keyword research tool

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mark_Trader, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark_Trader

Mark_Trader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just recently bumped into a Keyword research tool, sg.serpstat.com - The amazing thing about it is the "questions only'' tab it has. It's just like searching out for the FAQs people type into search engines everyday. Quite interesting fact - these days, people tend to type in questions more often than just ordinary phrases.
    I think you guys should try this out.

#1 Mark_Trader, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  2. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have tried it. It looks nice. But I don't know if the keyword suggestion there are accurate.

But thank you for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. parth

parth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Mark_Trader

keyword planner is the best tool which is given by Google you try it for keyword research.

Thank You

4. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keywords planner is the free tool provide by the Google which is the best keyword tool till now and it show the precise volume of the keywords.

5. Sam Paul

Sam Paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I agreed with all your suggestions. Google Adwords Keyword Planner, Keyword Discovery are the best tools for the keyword research .With the help of this, you can easily manage your keyword according to your necessity.

Thanks

6. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Use Google Adwords Keyword Planner.
    Fill the keywords that are according to your website and relevant to your services. and you will get the all searches used by users.

7. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Market Samurai and Microniche Finder. If you can afford it, set up an adwords account - you get what people are searching for exactly

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I find it interesting that most replies recommended using keyword planner rather than serpstat, but didn't mention why. Even CoolHandCol mentioned two other keyword tools, but didn't go into detail about what makes them better than serpstat. Remember, this did not start with a question about what keyword tool to use, it asked for opinions about a specific tool - and no one addressed that, so I will.
    Seeing as how this is the holiday season here in the United States, I entered "holiday decorations" into serpstat. Buried in "All" the keywords were "holiday decorations cheap", "holiday decorations on a budget", and "holiday decorations on sale". When I went to "Only questions" I found two - "when does holiday decorations at disneyland" and "how to holiday decorations". When I added the word "cheap" I did get a few suggestions, but none in "Only questions". I also found no information on how competitive the keywords were.
    I then went to Google's Keyword Planner, and found not only 800 keyword ideas, but the estimated searches and level of competition for each. Just for fun, I then entered the question "Where can I find cheap holiday decorations"(which serpstat didn't provide) and again got a list of 800 keywords. I also found out that apparently, no one searches that question - so I did. I actually found 6 out of 10 listings on page 1 of places selling Holiday Decorations, but none of them used the question as the keyword to rank for. Apparently the "Only questions" feature of serpstat may be interesting, but it doesn't really provide the best results.

9. MarkHache

MarkHache
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Still a fan of the Adwords Keyword Planner - nothing provides more accurate data on search volumes.

For coming up with new keyword terms, and longer tails, the Suggest function built into the Google search bar is the best since you are provided with actual search terms you can then run tests on. In other words type in your primary KW, then go down the alphabet to see what it suggests.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

this thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and i'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.