SEO Is Theft Says Google!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fish, Sep 22, 2012.

1. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The days of free organic search results are numbered. Don't believe it...?
    I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on this!

In a recent interview I read, Larry Kim of Wordstream said something that cemented all this for me. He visited with Google recently, and says they have shared some of their 2013 plans with him. In the interview, he was asked what changes he expects from Google in 2013 as far as search is concerned:

“Google will make SEO increasingly difficult, by making it un-measurable, by crowding out search results with larger paid ads and ad other formats, and rolling out algorithms that actually punish SEO.”

What he said next was what really hit me, as it puts all of this into context, and provides the ‘answer’ that most suspected, but have had such a hard time accepting:

“I think that Google’s CEO, Larry Page, views SEO clicks as theft and has basically declared a War on SEO to drive Google revenues.”

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hope this isn't true though. where is the link?

3. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am sorry i didn't save the address when I was reading this article.
    I just shocked by it.

4. Jason520

Jason520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OMG~~
    really???
    Where you get it???
    Can't believe it !!!

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't believe that will happen. Google is hugely successful because they provide excellent and relevant search results to their users. If they were to do this, their search results would become less relevant and they would lose revenue, not increase it.

Google may be the best search engine on the web, but they are not the only search engine. If they reduce the quality of service they provide to their users, someone else will provide that quality of service and make money out of doing so.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldnt feel surprise if this happen because google want to increase their profit. However, i believed that google will still consider on balancing the profit and the effective of the search engine, google sure know that google earn good money because the internet user, they wouldnt simply make a big change on the algorithm

• Like Like x 1
  7. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal Google wouldn't make such that will affect Google itself. If Google will go for paid search than people will switch to some other search engine. If Google makes such change than definitely Bing and Amazon will be benefited from this chnage

8. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you're the best in the business, people tend to pound on you and say all sort of crazy things. This is one of those crazy things, one of many I see all the time. I don't believe for a second that someone at Google said that.

9. DaniaLLL

DaniaLLL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think you have mistake reading the article i really don't believe it :S

10. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to agree with Fergal. This would be a terrible move for Google. Now I do think that there should be a limit of SEO use.

11. DaniaLLL

DaniaLLL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

may be you are right i also agree

12. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I may somehow think it could happen. I met someone from a tech support and they most of them believe the search results provided by google are those that are in adwords. meaning google really meant business in all aspects so they are using bing to search for solutions..

13. anurocked

anurocked
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, i don't think it will happen as , if Google should not forget that it is not alone in the market , there are many competitors who are looking at these developments, this will harm Google business.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If someone was ranking high in Google search results they would not need to pay for Adwords. It is tempting to believe that Google would give greater listings to websites that are paying them via Adwords. However, I would hope that Google don't do this, because in the longer term it would be detrimental to their business and their reputation.

15. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey fish don't spread the rumors. I search alot on google there's nothing like that you said. Where did you read this interview by the way? provide us link...

SEO will remains forever but will have strict guidelines for marketing implementation by google..

Google will die hunger if SEO dies :D

16. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am going to ask larry on Twitter :D and referring this post..

17. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont believe google actually said that like Malim said already. And I agree please don't start any rumors because that just causes nothing but trouble. If there was no SEO there would be not future in websites because it would be almost impossible to find a website. So always being able to have some type of SEO is very important. I think SEO is starting to die down because of how much it can cost to get some good SEO done. But once they figure out how to make it more user friendly on the price I am sure they will have a bigger hit.

18. Jason520

Jason520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I will twitter this one, and see how people say about it.
    I am not suprise to see it.

19. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This sentences is partially correct, SEO is dropping Google revenue. But why Google webmaster tool is advise site owner to fix duplicate meta tag and implement G+? Why Google implement snippet code to help search engine indexing rating, images, comment? Google Adword is getting expensive, when webmaster keep promote the particular anchor text, it help Google to identified which keywords is more value to charge for high price.

Further question why Google offer analytics and webmastertool for free? To avoid user optimize SERP, Google can shut down the thing or make it become pay tool. Is Google indirectly steal our data, monitoring the site performance as great pathway to acquire the potential site?

Search engine is depend on cloud update, when webmaster no longer benefit from the game, they surely move to another place. If Google keep doing such thing, surely it pissed off webmaster and site owner.

20. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is true google is being kind to its users that is why bringing changes just for the marketers. It is also true future of SEO is much terrible as a glimpse we had seen in the face of penguin.