SEO is the right path to great website

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by e-bus.org, Apr 16, 2013.

1. e-bus.org

e-bus.org
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of getting your website indexed in search engines and receiving organic traffic. As we all know, there are millions of websites on the internet but just few of them succeed. So it’s important to learn the secret which make these website better than others. Getting to the first page in search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing is beneficial but not easy. I’m going to highlight some important points in this article and the following articles which will help to understand how to work with search engines.

Keywords
    The keyword is a word or phrase entered by the searcher to get information from relevant web pages. When somebody type a keyword like ” Hotels in Dublin” in Google the results related to this keyword will be shown. However, many websites use the keyword ” Hotels in Dublin ” so that is mean it will be difficult to get into the first page on search engines for it because it’s a high competitive keyword.

Imagine that you own a website for web design services and you want it to be on the first page in Google result for the keyword ” web design ” so is that possible? It is possible for sure but there are thousands of websites using the same keyword and many of them are big companies have been working for ages so to take over them you will need time, effort and money. Not to mention that when I said money I mean a huge amount of money in some cases. So what is the solution for that?
    You should spend time studying the keywords and decide what are the best for you. Take this example, instead using ” web design ” you might use something like “creative business website design”. You might think this keyword is long and there are no huge volume of searches for it but even if there are just 1000 searches per month for this keyword it will be better for you if you could get to the first page instead of using ” web design ” and appear on the 50th page!

Using Google’s Keyword Tool

First, if you don’t have Google account you will need to create one not just to be used with this service but it’s important for many tools that you might use.
    Google keyword tool is very simple and important for beginners to help them choosing the right keywords.

http://e-bus.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/google-keyword-tool-1024x481.jpg

In the first box you write your word or phrase. The second and third boxes are optional but it’s better to write your website URL. Then tick the box “Only show ideas closely related to my search terms” to get better results. Click on Advanced Options and Filters so you could specify a country and language or just choose all of them, specify all other options and add other filters.

I chose the keyword ” Make money online ” for all countries and just the English language with greater than or equal 1000 of local monthly searches and this was the result:

http://e-bus.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/google-keyword-search-1024x596.jpg

As you can see the competition for this keyword is medium and also the global and local monthly searches are given. This tool gave me keywords ideas and I looked into the second page to see if there are keywords with low competition. I found 2 keywords ” how to make money online in Pakistan” and ” can you really make money online ” with good monthly searches for both of them. I took the idea of the first one and search for the keyword ” how to make money online in Ireland ” but the result wasn’t good as this keyword has just 170 searches per month and it’s also a high competition keyword. However, I found a good keyword ” can you really make money online ” and I can use it.

There are many things need to be covered about SEO and I will write other articles about this topic. This was just the beginning!

• Like Like x 1
  2. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is important for your site but it is important to remember two vital things: Be very careful about who you choose to carry out your SEO and do not put all your resource (funds) into just SEO. Let's expand on these two points to help understand why they are so vital.

3. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you but if you don't have proper unique content on your website on a regular basis what happens to all your SEO? Also with google always changing the way SEO works it kind of becomes hard to remain informed about all the do's and don'ts of SEO. So I don't really know what do with it ahahaha.

4. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use my Facebook Business page for most of my marketing now. I can target mu local income tax customers on it. For the last year i have wished everyone a happy birthday, great new family picture, etc..I will be sharing Income Tax cartoons during income tax season.

5. kiwistech

kiwistech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are living in 2014' and in today's time not only optimization of the website will bring it on the first page of Google' but proper and strategize backlinking strategy is very very important.

6. Mark_Trader

Mark_Trader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In addition to using keyword tool, i also use sg.serpstat.com - Quite an interesting keyword research tool with the "questions only'' tab. This means you will not just get relevant content titles but also, you'll be able to search the FAQs people leave on the search engines on daily basis.

7. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with your point that SEO is important for the business and also for the website, it optimize the site for the particular set of keywords and bring the keywords on the top rank of the SERP. But also we have to follow the google rule and regulation, need to do the seo in the right way after that only it will help your site.

8. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seo is important but the path chosen by everyone is different. Some just go on a link building spree. And some develop quality contents that get shared by others.

The later is always better. Do not do the process for the sole purpose of SEO. Develop content for the people, develop networks and build relationships. Get your contents shared on social medias and linked to from relevant websites. That way you get quality links from relevant places. And that's what google likes.

A single quality link from a high PR blog is better than a thousand low quality irrelevant link.

Besideds, you can't just rely on SEO. There are countless ways to get traffic. The relevant links you get from relevant blogs as mentioned above itself will bring you plenty of traffic if you choose the websites properly.