Seo good for a freelance graphic designer ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by graphic designer, Apr 3, 2012.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would i benefit from seo for my graphic design website ? Or rather a social media campaign or a combination of both ?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as you are good on those method and able to generate good traffic to your site, go ahead. Both social media and SEO is good for you to bring traffic, try out both and find out which one give you better result before focus on one of them. If both are giving you good result, use both of them

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make use of both. See, when you combine those two - it becomes a powerful tool for you in the internet marketing filed. It helps you in a lot of ways - both in the possibility of driving traffic and possible leads and revenue to your website/s.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

SEO and a social media campaign are never an "either-or" situation since a social media campaign will generally also boost your SEO. However, to answer the specific question, I would always recommend an integrated marketing campaign.

Relying on a single marketing strategy to increase traffic to a site is never a good idea. The recent changes in Google's algorithm and the well-publicized de-indexing of a number of blog networks have hit some websites really hard. Those actions reinforce the notion that diversifying your sources of traffic are important.

To further stress the importance of expanding your marketing strategy beyond a single channel, recent studies have shown that an AdWords PPC campaign by an advertiser also generally has the effect of increasing the click through rate of the advertiser's listing in the natural search engine results. No one is quite sure why that happens, but it does appear to show some synergy between the multiples appearances on the same results page.

Go for both and see what works. Perhaps put more effort into one over the other but keep them both going, or replace one with some other channel. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is one of my favorite design source. Nick La is one of the top graphic and web designer, he comment that

http://webdesignerwall.com/general/seo-guide-for-designers

You need both, SEO deliver most unique visitor, Social media like FB and twitter are top referral traffic. FB and twitter also the important tool to convert new visitors become return visitors.

6. Shole

Shole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both, why its really simple. You need traffic the more the better.
    SEO will make your site known and social media will bring you visitors if you advertise correctly.
    Don't forget you have to target your visitors while using social media.

7. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to the latest information technology SEO is now friends with Social media. Both are necessary now necessary for generating sales leads. Like many of the members here, I'd also suggest implement a good blend of both to promote your freelance graphic designing. If you're unsure about anything or want to learn more about anything, BAF platform is available to you. Put a question. We'll try to help you.

8. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A combination of both, I guess. Don't put all your eggs in one basket they say.

9. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as my knowledge is concern if you are trying to get the traffic then both seo and the social media marketing will give your traffic rankings better than before but i have learnt that the traffic coming through the search engines are entirely different from the traffic generated through social media sites. Actually the traffic generated from the search engines would be your targeting audience as they are looking the services that we are offering so it might be your potential customers. On the other hand the traffic generated through social media marketing sites may be said as accidental traffic as they would not become your potential customers.
    So i would gladly suggest to work on seo more than that of concentrating on social media sits to cater the business. I do not meant that one should forget about the practicing social media campaign but in the limits. As there might have some chances to get target audience.

10. ueon

ueon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

never hurts to try both - social media might turn up faster results? guess it also depends on your seo skills

11. theo

theo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely. What you should do first is think about who would want your services, then make a plan of attack accordingly. A mistake I see many businesses making is that they want to market on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and do on-site and off-site link building all at the same time. If it's just you running your business, you're probably not going to have the time (and your time won't be well-spent) doing all of this.

I'd say, for a graphic designer, Twitter is a good place to start your social marketing. Twitter's demographic skews high with the number of techies & developers who hang out there. Plus you can Tweet your graphics and links back to your site in case you're running some kind of promotional offer or something.

As far as SEO, think about whether you're locally based. If you are, it will narrow down your target keywords quite a bit. Don't forget to call out that people follow your on Twitter in your email signature and on your business card. It's so important to promote yourself across mediums.