seo for yahoo and bing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Dec 23, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My site doesnt get any traffic from google, only from yahoo and bing. so how can i improve me rank there?

link building still works for them?

Thanks!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Getting ranked on Google is harder than the others because Google has stricter standards, in order to make it more likely that the highest ranked websites actually can provide what the searcher is looking for. Therefore, Google may not allow some things that Bing or Yahoo would. You should also keep in mind that Google, because of their higher standards, and better results, gets substantially more search volume than Bing or Yahoo. Because of that, if you avoid Google, you are not reaching a large percentage of potential website visitors. To answer your question, yes, link building will work for all three search engines, although Bing and Yahoo may accept lower quality links, making their results less reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with joeroxx. He has a point. There are very few people who use Yahoo or Bing as their search engine compared to Google. Even, If you rank higher in Yahoo or Bing search engines, the percentage of getting traffic from it would be comparatively less. Google is nowadays word-of-mouth. So, I think you should focus on Google to get relatively higher traffic.

4. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just focus on getting high rank on Google. All other search engines follow just the same algorithm.

5. dir4uk

dir4uk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you should more focus on Google if you doing good job for Google then you need not worry for bing and yahoo

6. MallofStyle

MallofStyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google has more traffic share compared to Bing and yahoo put together.

7. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest that you focus on Google. It is easy to rank in Yahoo and Bing, you won't have to do much SEO with these two search engines. If you get traffic from Yahoo and Bing (assuming that you only did SEO in Google) then you should continue focusing on Google.

8. JoanMatilda

JoanMatilda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO process is very easy on yahoo and bing because they all based on effective meta tags only