SEO for WP blogs

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nickelodon007, Jul 7, 2010.

1. nickelodon007

nickelodon007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO for WP blogs – Ares too many links a bad thing?

Of late, I created a wordpress blog, and now I want to enhance it on the World Wide Web. For the same, I thought of doing SEO. I know that if I get more links, my blog will be more popular. Hence, I am planning to take full advantage of SEO Smart Links plugin. The online reviews say that this is good as it creates numerous links to the same page. However, I also read that too many links is a bad thing as the chance of the site being backlisted increases. Do you also agree with me? Will this harm my blog, SEO wise?

2. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are taking about too many Out Bound Links then yes it is bad for SEO. But, if you are talking about backlinks then it is not a problem.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sahil is correct in saying that backlinks are generally good for your site. However, you need to be careful that you don't build a huge number of links, really quickly for a site that would not normally justify that amount of links. The search engines view this as a suspicious activity and my decide that you have been spamming.

I haven't personally used the SEO Smart Links plugin, however it appears to come from a reliable source and it is promoted on WordPress.org, which would give it some credibility. Also, it appears to focus on building internal links on your blog, improving your internal link structure can only help your site.