SEO for single keyword or multiple ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ronei Daselva, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone, I have a website - https://yarmulkes.com/ and want to promote for the keywords "yamaka" . I only want to get ranking for this keyword. But i read that if i use only single keyword to promote my website i can get banned. So is there any way to handle this situation?

Please help . Thanks

2. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Ronei, if I may ask what is your reason of using only 1 keyword? I think it is better to have multiple keywords

3. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, you will want to target as many as possible really.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked out the website, and it appears to be ranked in the top twenty for several phrases related to "yarmulkes", and several other phrases related to a variety of different items related to the Jewish faith. Therefore, I would simply add "yamaka" to the phrases already being pursued. Whatever was done to get the rankings for the other keywords, as long as black-hat techniques were not used, should also work for any additional keywords you wish to pursue.

5. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, If you do not wish to have multiple keywords then you can simply make long tail keywords of the few keywords you use currently and also use junk anchors so your links are natural.

6. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thing considering multiple keywords would be a good option.

7. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, you won't get banned. But you will not benefit from it either especially that your website is a product site. No one will type 1 word query in the search. If it does have, maybe few ones and little are the chances that your site might be click.

You should conduct an in-depth keyword research and analysis before targeting something. I advice you to target keyphrases. Rather than spending your time targeting a 1 word keyword. Besides, the competition is for sure really stiff for that one because Google will get all the results worldwide for that particular keyword and getting a good ranking will take a long time. Really long time.

So, target keyphrases as much as possible. Don't focus on targeting a 1 word keyword.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Katerina

Katerina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyway you will have multiple keywords as semantic search works now. You need to choose the main one and to work with all possible variants of it.

9. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for all giving the best solutions for my website.

10. deepak tiwari

deepak tiwari
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go for a multiple keyword. Penguin is on the wayyyyyyyy

11. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes don't use only single keywords to promote your website this is not a good SEO technique after having Google anchor tag variation update mix some more secondary keywords with brand keywords to rank your website on top search engine result.

12. Robin Williams

Robin Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will not be banned for using single word keyword, the reason behind this is all your anchor text would be same if you are targeting only one keywords and Google may penalize your website for that reason.

13. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are 2 ways to answer the question

Do you mean one word keyword or only 1 keyword

If you are targetting only one word keyword than it will be very tough competition and the traffic which is searching for this keyword may not be just looking to buy it. May be they are looking for the history of this word or the meaning of this word. SO you are not getting targeted traffic for this keyword. this is increasing bounce rate on your website and Google pushes you down because of this.

If you want to target just 1 keyword than thats possible but when making backlinks try to rotate the keywords> I will say if website is new or no SEO is done yet than start with less competative keywords so atleast with ease of work some keywords will be on Google first page and you can get some business so you can invest money for the one word keyword. Because 1 word keyword is going to take some time to come on Google and some good money which if you do not see results you may be dissuaded to continue in SEO.

Try for affordable yamaka
    cheap yamaka
    white yamaka

This way they will be on Google first page quickly and you get some traffic and gradually you are targetting the main keyword too yamaka

I hope this helps

• Like Like x 2
  14. Indianweb

Indianweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promoting a single phrase keyword is too touch. But with keyword variation we can promote single phrase keywords better.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What do you mean by "too touch". Also, when you use keyword variation, you are, by definition, not promoting a single phrase, so I don't understand your point. Could you make your explanation a little clearer?

16. sportychints

sportychints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not Really, Everything & Anything within Search Engine Guideline will help you...You surly use only 1 keywords...but you must do it with maximum relevancy...

Thanks,
    Anand

17. uthra

uthra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should not get ban for using single keyword in SEO.But improve the ranking for single keyword is tough in SEO.But by doing proper ON page and OFF page optimization,single keyword should getting rank.But it would getting more time.

18. sudhakar1

sudhakar1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    My thing is best for multiple keywords and its Select the top one to three keywords using your normal keyword research and selection process. These will be your page’s high priority keywords. Once you have these you can add medium and low priority keywords to your list.When optimizing one page for many keywords priority refers to importance within a page. If a word is important enough to your entire website or business it may be better optimized as a high priority keyword on its own webpage.

Then again, a medium priority phrase on a page with lots of off-site links or authority may be easier to rank for than by placing the same search query as a high priority keyword on a separate page with lower authority.

19. processmagic

processmagic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you should target as many as long tail keyword as the website is looking more relevant with that keyword.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.