SEO for B2B portal

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by William King, Jan 12, 2011.

1. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are going to do SEO and internet marketing of a B2B portal wholesalepages.co.uk what would you do to get ahead of your competitors like tradekey, wholesalesarong, toptenwholesale etc

2. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Join few industry specific social networking sites and promote your products/services through blogs and articles.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first thing I would do is write out a list of keywords for the site. Then prioritise those keywords, create pages for the individual keywords and start building links back to those pages using the keywords as anchor text.

Have you created a keyword list yet? If not this article on keyword selection should help you - Keyword Lists - How to write a Keyword List for your Site.

Actually thinking about it the above is what I would do second. The first thing I would do is focus on who my target market were, what type of people or businesses are they and how can I reach them? Then I would begin my keyword research for the SEO strategy.

Do you have a budget to purchase paid advertising for this campaign?

4. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well actually we have been through these steps and going well and now we are on some level but we do not want to stop and want to achieve next one which is quite difficult and needs some extra skills I specifically want to know that skills now what we need after these techniques

5. OliviaSSLGuru

OliviaSSLGuru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will need to get to the niche of seo for b2b portals. Choose only some activities, like social media marketing, blogs, articles and high pr classifieds. Don't try the remaining activities.

6. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what can be a peak of SEO??? in your opinion...

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Getting to the number one position in all the major search terms for all your chosen keywords. Very difficult to do in reality, because you will always have competition for those keywords.

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, actually I am worry about the PR of my homepage and that to create a good will among the customers that our portal is legitimate these are the things which are in my focus