seo for a non html web site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by graphic designer, Oct 2, 2013.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If i have a non html website what are some ways to increase my rank ? Directories ?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before I get into the details, I need to remind you not to use directories for SEO purposes. Because they are so easy to get, links from directories have little to no value to Google and the other search engines.
    Now, as far as non-html websites are concerned, Google's Webmaster Guidelines basically state that because search engines are text based, you must have text on your site for the search engines to read. Without it, the search engines have nothing to read, so they can't evaluate your site for ranking purposes. Any rich media types of content must have text equivalents available. More information can be found here. As far as Javascript, the second paragraph of this entry in Google's Webmaster blog addresses that issue, again bringing up the difficulty of Googlebot getting around a non-html site. You can also use a <noscript> tag to provide content for the search engines, making sure that the content in the tag is exactly the same as the content in the Javascript.
    More information can be found in Google's Webmaster Guidelines by searching "JavaScript" and "non-html sites".

• Like Like x 2