SEO for 2013- BIG Social SEO Leak with Josh Bachynski

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cesspadilla, Mar 11, 2013.

1. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My boss shared this to us and I wonder what do you think about it. Well seems legit because he quotes John Mueller (works in Google).

[video=youtube;0oAWzDkTtlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oAWzDkTtlo[/video]

I agree on bounce rates... because for different sites we can have different kind of bounce because of what kind of page it is.

First time I heard of the last page penalty though...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's a good video and worth a watch for those interested in learning more about SEO. Josh promises something radical and new in the video, but I don't feel he delivers on that. Most people involved in SEO will have known for some time that links from social networking sites are important to your SEO, even when those links are no-follow. However, he does share some good tips and it's worth listening to.

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal! It's really worth the watch especially those parts when he shares what he knows by literally stalking John Mueller. I have to be honest though it is the first time I heard about both Josh and John, and I didn't know that were a really good video out there besides videos from SEOmoz or SEER or Distilled.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting. He achieved PR3 with no backlinks!

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Why? He is providing an informative helpful video, so why wouldn't he get a PR3? Keep in mind, PR goes from 1 - 10, so a PR3 may not be that big of a deal. On the other hand, if you search Google, where is his website ranked, and for what phrases? If he has a highly ranked video for a variety of related phrases, with no backlinks, that would be interesting.

6. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi jeoroxx , some people are geting fake PR , i know you will ask how , well if redirect your domain to PR9 domain , after few months your domain will get PR9 , with No backlinks ,

7. Luraarth

Luraarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice and Interesting vedio.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I don't think this is case of someone getting fake PR. The biggest difference is that you are talking about a PR9, which is abnormally high for a website with no backlinks, while ownedbox's post mentioned a PR3, which is really not that high. Thank you, though, for pointing out a black-hat technique that, of course, should be avioded.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Luraarth, can you please tell us why you think it's "Nice and Interesting"?

• Like Like x 1
  10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guys, he did say that he got it a few years back when the latest signals for Google's algo is different. But the thing he's talking about too is that there are a lot of signals. (especially social media... which he has a lot because of his youtube vids.)

Although I did search for the website he's talking about... but I'm not really sure if this is the one... gitsonline.com
    And I did find backlinks from websites he maintained. Try to run it in opensiteexploerer. :)

11. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quite interesting it shows the extended level in SEO thanks for the share.