SEO doupt for Joomla and Ecommerce website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kpkarthik, Jun 27, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have two websites.One was developed by Joomla platform.another was developed by Ecommerce platform.I am doing the same SEO process for both websites. Joomla website is easily getting ranking on Google.But Ecommerce website not that much ranking.I don't know why?

2. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean by Joomla platform and Ecommerce platform? Joomla is a CMS and Ecommerce is a website kind. And so I would like to say you that ecommerce website takes a bit longer to rank as they consists of many pages.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Unfortunately, neither do we. Because you mentioned the Joomla site was "easily" getting ranked on Google, i would examine exactly what you are doing. Could it be that getting the ranking on Google was a little too easy, and maybe the rankings will drop when Google discovers what you are doing? Also, you don't say what kind of site the Joomla site is. Using the same techniques for both may be the wrong approach, if they are two different types of sites. You might want to go "back to basics", and check the content and coding of each site. Could there be something in the coding of the Ecommerce site that is preventing it from getting ranked, or perhaps even preventing it from getting indexed? Is the content relevant to the phrases you want it to rank for?
    Without being able to check the sites themselves, we can only give you general advice, but that should at least get you started.

4. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello
    We put 2 times more effort on ranking Joomla sites well than the usual unique php written ones. I've read somewhere it is due to the similarities among CME sites: lot of code that seems "duplicates" among same CMS engined sites - duplication means penalty... Do not know the real reason, but it is happening...
    Regards,
    Chill