Featured: SEO Books?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by samanthaloseness, Oct 10, 2010.

1. samanthaloseness

samanthaloseness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does anyone have any good intro to SEO books for business that you can recommend me? I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A good free guide to start with would be Google's Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide.

I'd also recommend "Search Engine Optimization - An Hour a Day" by Jennifer Grappone and Gradiva Couzin which is a very practical and user-friendly SEO book. I've read quite a bit of it myself and found the approach to be very straight forward and easy to implement. It provides a helpful framework to start implementing SEO on your site.

Another book worth looking at is "Search Engine Optimization for Dummies" by Peter Kent.

3. forigners

forigners
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO Book by Aaron Wall is the largest selling SEO Book on the web. You can learn Search Engine Optimization in an easy way by reading this book

4. Felix Austen

Felix Austen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would be a good idea to go online and find the book "the art of seo". Read that and you will have a really good idea of how SEO works at its core.

Then you will want to keep up with some of the top blogs online. Places like:
    searchengineland.com
    seomoz.org
    searchenginejournal.com
    brettburky.com
    seobook.com
    bruceclay.com

If you follow these blogs after you read that book, you will know more than 90% of the people that claim to do SEO online.

Good luck.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum Felix. Thanks for sharing those great resources with us. I've featured this thread because it's a great resource for anyone learning about SEO.

6. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend anything on SEOBOOK.com and SEOMOZ.org

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They are very well regarded sites Yanni, are you member at either of them?

8. fami

fami
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are are reading searchengineland articles daily and follow seomoz topics then you will learn a lot easily about SEO.

Thank you

9. devip

devip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is buying books necessary or can we go through good articles on net? Any suggestions for good SEM techniques?

10. fami

fami
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends, some people are more comfortable with paper book in hand to learn knowledge and others feel convenient in reading online articles and e-books. So if you are easily absorb knowledge and apply it using your PC, tablet or iPhone then go online. But if this is annoying for you to absorb the knowledge online then I suggest you to buy books, or print the good articles and SEO guides and then start learning comfortably.

In order to learn latest SEM techniques and keep you up-to-date, subscribe to SEOMoz blog, join searchengineland community and Google groups and discussion forums
    Thank you,
    Faheem

11. spyindiaa

spyindiaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i recommend seomoz.com seobook.com and u can also find good tutorials of seo on the youtube...