SEO - Black Hat, Blue Hat or White Hat?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by minnu123, Sep 10, 2009.

1. minnu123

minnu123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi people.
    With the automated and advanced software, loads of useful information and availability of paid link services, SEO is becoming more and more challenging job. I just wonder if it actually possible to get good rankings following those textbook type suggestions like content is king, meta tags and traditional link building??? I have seen some web sites on Google index; seem to appear out of blue with dodgy tricks that you can see and thousands of links. OK so I cut it short, could anyone explain what is the best way to promote your web site and what about black hat, blue hat and white hat strategies??? do they really work?

2. nirose

nirose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is nothing like blue hat. its called grey hat, which is using the combination of using both of the techniques.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Link building is a very important element in any SEO campaign. Search engines rank sites based on how many quality sites link back to them.

The SEO strategies that you will use to promote your site will be determined, at least partly by the type of site you have. Can you please tell us a little more about the site you wish to promote?

Have you already tried link building by exchanging links, directory submission, blog commenting, etc?

[Moving thread to Online Business forum!]

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never go to black hat since it is risky, google will penalize or ban your site once they found it. And all your work will gone. I always stick on the white hat.

SEO not promoting strategy but it is to helps on generate SE traffic. People looking for SE traffic because it is targeted.

5. waver

waver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is blue hat? I just new hear about that word.

All method generally work good in SEO, especially black hat is more. I think all method are legal, although black. Black just doing like something more 'abusive', like mass adding on a friend/social network based site, e.g. twitter, facebook, etc by using automation software/script, or it's called by black social marketing.

But I mean about the black is something brainy, not spammy by sending mass email to the public's mail.

Finding the best way to get backlinks as much as we can by buying on the backlink seller, hmm.. it still nice too.. :)

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think he is talking about grey hat instead of blue hat.
    By the way, black hat is "illegal", and google dont like black hat. Once they found you are using black hat, they will penalize your site

7. offshoreallyonly

offshoreallyonly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer white hat SEO as it's the right way to promote your site, black hat are also good for promotion but for a sites to be more stable you should always go for white hat SEO.
    offshoreally.

8. justin tauress

justin tauress
    uix_expand uix_collapse

White Hat SEO refers to ethical SEO while Black Hat SEO is exactly the opposite of it. The aim of both the techniques is to improve your search engine ranking.

9. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never try Blackhat methods, they rocks but they will get your site sandboxed soon and you won't be ever able to do anything. Whitehat methods are best and they are only the legal methods.

10. CarlyFrazier

CarlyFrazier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone,

Black Hat SEO covers many different aspects of website structure and methods of online promotion. It has its place for some industries which have a limited marketable time frame but each person needs to consider the consequences of using such techniques. It's not illegal but your website can be blacklisted by search engines.

A simple example of what is considered black hat would be to include many similar keywords on your home page and make them the same color as the background so they can't be seen by humans but can be by search engine spiders. This method is old now and is very easily picked up by Google and other search engines.

Basically Black hat SEO is anything against the terms of service of the different search engines, Google being the main one.

The best place to get a true indication of black hat techniques visit fantomaster.com as they are the world leaders in black hat techniques.

Hope this helped.

Cheers

11. steevemartin1

steevemartin1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never heard about grey hat or blue hat.I heard only black hat seo and white hat.

#11 steevemartin1, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  12. Businessbinocular

Businessbinocular
    uix_expand uix_collapse

White hat SEO definitelty... You would want to try and stay out of trouble.

13. Rickytaylor

Rickytaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no Blue hat SEO, it is Grey hat SEO.
    Black hat SEO includes SEO activities that are against the norms of search engines. When black hat SEO is applied, it is difficult by search engine to detect it. It can be reported by competitors to search engine about black hat SEO. Examples of black hat are keyword stuffing, doorway and cloaked pages, link farming and hidden text.
    White hat SEO is a technique of SEO which is in the favor of search engines. These techniques are applied for increasing the ranking of websites on search engine.
    Grey hat SEO, as the name defines a mixture of white and black. It is a technique which remains ill-defined by all that published material coming out of search engine.

14. johnsabina

johnsabina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

White Hat SEO means optimizing your site by using methods that strictly follow the recommendations or guidelines set out by the search engines (The Good Guys). White Hat SEOs are good people worthy of reciprocal link exchanges (especially third-party exchanges), raving blind testimonials, and unconditional support.

Black Hat SEO typically means using deceptive ways to trick the search engines into giving your site top rankings, such as hidden text, spamming etc. (The Bad Guys). Black Hat SEOs know what they are doing is defined as BAD, and do it anyway for specific reasons (not usually including “get banned”). I like to think of Black Hat SEOs as opportunists.

Blue Hat SEO related to advance SEO techniques used for web promotion but the same has not yet been declared by any top SEO communities or SEO groups. Originally Blue Hat SEO is a name of a weblog so many misunderstand.

15. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like off-white hat myself :)

16. GamingOn

GamingOn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just do regular link building manual it works the best I always get top rankings in the search engines.

17. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I only heard about white hat and black hat. If there is best way to promote a site, no one will go for second best. Instead of thinking how to get a quality link back, I would focus on how to increase pages time on site. Bounce rate is key point to determine PR.

No point to get million link back, but none of the reader stay and return the site. White hat is recommended, with millions of search user, android user, map user, youtube user, analytics user....there is no way for us to cheat Google with black hat method. Google know everything about our site performance.

18. etrade123

etrade123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What hat mean organic SEO that perform in proper way
    Black hat mean inorganic seo that perform out of order
    Gray hat seo mean mix of White hat + Black Hat

19. txprice

txprice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

blue hat? It is my first time hear about it .;)