SEO action plan

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by daytrader, Sep 20, 2014.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are to present an action plan to your future client with regards to a social media campaign you are about to provide.
    how must you format it for him to easily understand?

#1 daytrader, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The title of your post is "SEO action plan", and in the content of your post the action plan is for a "social media campaign". Which is it? Do you need an action plan for an SEO campaign or a social media campaign?

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO action plan that includes social media marketing. I believe his niche is too competitive and so I suggested only social media which I think is appropriate for the project.

My action plan includes facebook advertising and youtube advertising. This is very doable but costly and not measurable as well. what else can you guys suggest?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You can't really call it an SEO action plan if you only do social media. Why only Facebook advertising? Does your client have a Facebook account? What kind of updates does it have in it? Also, why limit yourself to YouTube? There are other video sharing sites. Remember, this is supposed to be an SEO action plan. Yes, YouTube is very popular, and more people will see your clients videos, but you must also "feed the beast". Google can pick up links from other video sharing sites, even if a smaller number of people view them.
    And while I'm on the subject of "other sites", there are social networking sites other than Facebook as well.Try finding some of those, and participating in them as well.
    As far as the SEO is concerned, when a client is in a competitive niche, sometimes it is helpful to go after less popular phrases that will still bring in enough traffic to justify pursuing them. Don't abandon SEO because it's too hard, that's what your client hired you for - because you can do the hard work he can't.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

since his niche is just too competitive that almost all long tail phrase has competition. I leave much of the onpage SEO to someone else he hired. so my focus is mostly social media such as faceboook and youtube advertising. we collabirate as a team for now.

my plan is forum posting, facebook cmp/ppc advertising and youtube ppc.
    i'm thinking promoting codes for his list building, is this a god idea?

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm glad to see you are collaborating with the people doing the SEO. If two different conmpanies are working on different aspects of the process, they need to work together toward the same goal.

I hope that's a typo, and you meant to say "good" idea. I'm not sure what you mean by promoting codes - can you explain this a little better?

7. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its OK that title is SEO plan and context is social media plan. Today in this contemporary world, the is no essence for SEO without social media and there is no essence of social media without SEO. Both are interrelated. Now to convince a client, the first and foremost thing that you should mention is what are the defects in the website and what all are needed to get those rectified. With this strategy, the client gets a hope that you understands the website with dedication. Now just show the plan that what are the steps you are going to execute and what all the outcomes gonna come out of that. If you do this, you get that. Explain the client in that mode and yes your work is done.