SEO a website without on page access

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by altcom, Nov 20, 2012.

1. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you ever meet such a SEO client without giving you site access, but ask to optimize the keywords? What is the strategic you going to implement? Is it possible to optimize?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's funny. Maybe you can just let your client add the keywords himself and you go offpage.

#2 daytrader, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  3. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can do offpage for keywords which are already in content of website.

4. Param

Param
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can not do Seo without on page access. Because We need on page access to make website according to Google guidelines and add some targeted keyword in the website content and title etc..

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

We do sometimes get client's who do not want to give us FTP access in order to protect proprietary information. In that case, if they have someone available, we let them know what needs to be done, and let them do it themselves. It must, however, be done on a timely basis.

The client would need to have guidance, perhaps even be provided with content to upload to the website. Letting the client do it themselves without guidance of some sort would mean it may not be done properly, and off-page efforts would be wasted.

This would only work if the keywords already on the website are ones that people actually search. What about "keyword stuffing"? How would the client know that content needs to be replaced, and what to replace it with?

On-Page optimization is an important part of SEO, and must be done by someone, either the SEO provider or, with guidance from the SEO provider, by the client themselves. Without it, any off-page efforts may turn out to be in vain.

• Like Like x 2
  6. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am currently encountering that kind of client right now. He wants me to optimize and put all his keywords on the first page of Google.com.ph but he doesn't want to give the access to his website.

I saw some major errors like duplicate contents and lot more. Now I have come up with an off page plan and I will see if it will be effective. :D

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you informed your client about the errors on his site and given him some suggestions as to how to correct them?

8. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yea, some time client will not share website access to online marketing guy. In that case you need to discuss with client on providing and implementing on-site recommendation like title meta tags optimization, design and development wise changes, content and internal link improvement etc.

Generally i provide documentations of recommended changes that is being handled by client.

9. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Off page is possible in this way without giving access to the Clint. On page is never so if Clint commit only off page then its possible to optimize keywords.

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEOs should at least establish trust to their clients so that this won't happen. If the you got the client thru recommendation, the current client may not be doubtful to give access.

11. rank90

rank90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some client do not give FTP access in this case they do off page optimization himself. So you can get rank by off page strategies.

12. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On page and off page both are important for SEO. On Page SEO you attract readers by providing high-quality content. The technique is to make the articles as relevant as possible to what the searcher is looking for. It greatly helps if you are an expert on the topic you are writing about. This way, you can give new and useful information to the reader.

13. samvilla

samvilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am Surprised that Clients don't love their Web presence . As Google is strict and Without proper on page if website able to get ranked then not for long period .

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It's not that they don't "love their Web presence". Some companies do not give others FTP access to their site in order to protect proprietary information. As I mentioned previously, with the proper guidance, they can do the on-page optimization themselves, as long as they have someone available who can do it properly, and on a timely basis. On your second point, they may not be able to get ranked at all, even for a short period, if the on-page optimization is not done.

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only thing you can do now is off-page SEO. But if you have seen any problems on his site's on-page, maybe you can just give him suggestions on how to fix it so he can fix it himself.

16. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agree with samvilla . Only off page activity you can do with your site for get keyword ranking.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only off-page? How about on-page SEO? Can't it help your site in ranking on your targeted keywords?

18. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you explain the relationship between offpage optimization and FTP details !! one do not require FTP information in generating backlinks for any website. hope you understand my point.

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as I know, FTP is only needed when uploading files on the server/host. Right?

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

FTP access is used to upload the new version of the page after doing the on-page optimization. I believe that what rank90 meant to say is that the client wants to do on-page optimization himself, so the SEO provider can do only the off-page optimization.