Sending Messages Through linkedin

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by garfish, Aug 28, 2015.

1. garfish

garfish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am about to accept a contract which include sending messages through linkedin to which we target decision makers of companies like CEOs, business owners and founders. This contract requires me to use my personal account

I don't want my account to risk my personal account on linkedin, but if the recipient of the message report my message as spam and can result it to a banned account?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I wouldn't use your personal account for business purposes, with the reason you stated being one of them. A decision maker may not even read a message coming from your personal account. If messages come from a business, however, they may be more likely to read it, and not consider it "junk".

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's always good to have separate accounts for personal and business matters.

So if you afraid to be banned, you might try to see if there is a chance to link other type of account, or your online resume, if what they want is to know your background history.

4. FrankieD

FrankieD
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you very familiar with LinkedIn because you may not be able to send messages to people if they are not your 1st level contacts. Do you have a Premium account with them so you can send inmail messages? I know they are strict about that. You can bypass some attempts to block you by claiming you are a friend, associate, etc. of the recipient but as soon as the recipient realizes you lied you will be instantly seen as obnoxious spam and may get reported. I'd be careful if I were you. It doesn't seem like the place to try and spam.