Sending Adult Traffic to Non-Adult Websites

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by JasonStormriderr, Dec 9, 2015.

1. JasonStormriderr

JasonStormriderr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Simple but important questions:

I have a way of getting cheap ads on an adult site. I do not work the adult vertical currently so I was wondering if there is any point sending that traffic to non-adult offers, and the repercussions it can generate.

Will my domain/hosting take notice and make trouble if my ads run on adult sites?

To be clear: There will be no backlinks, nor any adult or adult related offers/content on my website. i'm in a different unrelated niche.

2. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Hi there.

Yes that does seem to be a grey area. Everyone always gives major push back when it comes to adult websites and anything to do with them. It really depends on the product you are selling but I bet the conversion rates wouldn't be good anyway. I always try to think about the visitors frame of mind when they are visiting a website. Just an example: They probably don't want to see an ad about car insurance. They are not an adult website to purchase car insurance.

3. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would give it a try to see how it goes, and draw my conclusions after that.

There is no risk of penalty if you are placing an ad. The greatest risk is that you won't get clicks.