Sendil V - What kind of products can I export from India?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sendil, Jul 19, 2011.

1. sendil

sendil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was started a firm named SEN ASSOCIATE. on last year. Am a Trader for Exotic vegetables,Granites, rolled gold jwellery etc., kind of products if my customers need i can supply. Now I planned to Export from India , So what kind of products i can export from India ?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sendil are you currently selling outside of India, if so what countries are you selling to?

If you can please give us a little more info, we will be able to give you more helpful answers. E.g. what countries do you wish to export to? How do you plan on selling, i.e. will you sell directly to consumers or will you sell through resellers such as agents and distributors?

3. sendil

sendil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, Thanks for your response. Actually I planned to export European countries only. Small quantity to supply distributors/dealers or any big Shopping complex or Hotels like using products is well and good. Whats your opinion ? Because am not decided the products. When the buyers if tell their need of products I can supply from here. kindly tell me your opinions, ideas, advice, etc.,

Sendil V

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should start by asking this question to yourself: What kind of products do India usually have that other countries, especially Europe, doesn't?

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All the product can be exported as long as they are legal....lol
    Seriously, you need to really research on the market price for the selected product, the market demand is also one major factor to be considered, then you might have idea on your targeted market(country)
    Brenchmarking the product in term of price, quality, service and delivery time too

6. Peter Birganza

Peter Birganza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I think do not expand your categories in your business field because it will not be comfortable for you to manage so many things. So, i would like to suggest you that export those products from India which product you are already handling. Go for the same type of products like jewelry, cosmetics etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think there as some products that can only be obtained from India like balms and some herbs. But it is up to you to decide what what is accessible to you.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Europe is a huge market that has a huge amount of consumer spending on almost any type of product you can imagine. Hence, I'd agree with Peter's advice - start off with the products you know best and are most familiar with. Do some research to see if you can find customers for them in Europe, if you are satisfied that there is a market for them, then start selling and move your business forward from there.