Selling Gaming Codes, Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Tejmal, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Tejmal

Tejmal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was thinking about buying Xbox Live Gold Subscription codes and other gaming codes on wholesale and then reselling them, making a little profit on each code.

Do you think this is a good idea or are there too many of these site/stores which sell Xbox Live Codes?

Here's just a couple of pros and cons;

Pros
    A little profit on each code
    Lots and lots of people buy Xbox Live codes so selling them wouldn't be the most difficult thing

Cons
    There are many other sites that sell them and they have a good reputation and therefore people might rather buy from them than from my site

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first thing to do would be to look at the competition. See how they are selling the codes and have a close look at their pricing. Then try to come up with a way that you can do it better or cheaper. Better means that you can provide something that the existing competition don't and this something must be something that your potential customers would value.

Do you have anything in mind that would give you a competitive advantage over the existing sites and resellers?

3. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm. I think you should go for it and before building up something, follow the guide of fergal first. It's better if it would be cheaper than others, there are a lot of sites with good standing, Yes! but that doesn't mean that ALL customers will go to them. Really, you just need to came up with a good idea on how you will promote your site and get a customers. Goodluck!

4. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

JuicyCafe is right. you should go it. but make sure that you are innovative and beat other competitors. innovation is the only key.