Selling e-cigarette, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sigma, Apr 15, 2011.

?

How much you willing to pay for e-cigarette

1. less than USD30

83.3%
  2. USD30 ~ USD50

16.7%
  3. USD51~USD70

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. More than USD70

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of my good friend plan to sell e-cigarette online, and he ask my comment regarding this product. I know it is good but not sure how is the market demand.

Anyone have some comment on this product. And how much you willing pay for this product?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I did a search on Google for "e-cigarettes" and "smokeless cigarettes" and found that "e-cigarettes" gets about 54 million results, and "smokeless cigarettes" gets about 863,000. I also checked Google's Traffic Estimator, and although both phrases get a large number of searches, the average number of clicks/ day is zero. I also checked out a few of the sites, and found the Starter Kits go anywhere from $20, usually $30, and up from there. Refills are about $10 - $15 dollars.
    I do not smoke, so I will not use the product. I have seen other sites being advertised in various places, so there is probably a demand, but your friend may have to use social media to get the word out and bring people to the site.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i did some research and i basically agree with you. I might advice him to use affiliate program to advertise his product at the beginning stage due to high competitive in SERP. What do you think?

4. waterball

waterball
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as the product with good service, general money is no problem

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good service are needed only when you get the customer or potential customer. The first step is study on the market, that's why i ask for advice. For example, although you are giving perfect service, you cant actually sell pork to Muslim

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where do you plan to sell it? Ebay or other auction sites? Or create your own?

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

He plan to run own site, wholesales

8. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

e-ciggi is quite well known. People are talking about it.There is a lot buzz regarding e- ciggi. I think your friend will get good sales. You need to properly advertise it and promote it

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

any suggestion which is the best method to promote it?

10. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I don't smoke but as looking through google, most of them are around the $30 range so I suggest you should have it around that price. As far as getting traffic, you would just need to get a good SEO :)

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

$30 is retails price, and therefore my friends are planning to sell them in $20 (starter kits + 10 refill cartridge). What i told my friend is that the shipping fee is very high compare to the product itself, then better make it to lower price for the large order.
    And what i found online are mostly retailer, not sure about the wholesale price

12. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Selling cigarette online is a good idea and it can be fruitful but it needs more research on target market. Highly niche market involved in it. And I think that It is better to sale it as wholesaler than the retailer. I think that to sell it as online retailing itis very difficult to create customer attraction for online cigarette buying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, and i already move from retailer to wholesales few months ago, The result is much better

14. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally, I think this is one of the worst ideas ever, mainly for health reasons.