Selling A Website

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by warmcomplicated, Sep 11, 2016.

1. warmcomplicated

warmcomplicated
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How do you sell a website? How do I know how the value of mine? I've had it for 6 years and I'm getting pretty decent earning - not enough to feed a family of 4 though - from adsense. Any tips, anyone?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

We are not supposed to submit a post that does nothing but suggest you search on Google, so I searched your question for you, and found wealth of information, including 4 tips on how not to sell a website. You can determine value by researching other, similar websites and how much they go for. You've monetized the website, and you're "getting decent earning", so that's a plus. Be honest about your website, and don't "hype" it. You can also go through auction sites like Flippa. I've also seen the list of hints from HostGator, so there's no need for anyone to copy and paste it here. It's a violation of our terms to do so, but that hasn't stopped anyone before, so I thought it important to mention that, and I also linked to it, so you can check it out.

3. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

We might have some buyers interested in your site including myself. If you want to post the description down in the Marketplace section we can start taking a look at the details.

4. customerblast

customerblast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ive had success with Flippa in the past. In terms of the value of a website, although I'm not an expert with this I believe a common view is about a year of profits. Its not all that much. If your business is earning $1000/month, its not worth $50k like one would hope. It would be closer to 12k. Hope this helps.