Selling a product to a wholesaler/distributor

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by shuggle23, Mar 5, 2011.

1. shuggle23

shuggle23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I'm going to be representing a foreign manufacturer and would like to get their product into wholesalers in the UK.

Please can anyone offer any help or advice with regards to how I approach approach a wholesaler and what the best way to go about it would be?

I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum shuggle23. Do you already have the contact details of the distributors and wholesalers that you wish to speak to?

What about a simple approach of telephoning relevant wholesalers and distributors, introducing the product to them and asking for an appointment so that you can discuss it further? The distributors' main concerns will be that they can make a profit from selling the product. They will also want to ensure that the product is of good quality, is a good fit with their existing product range and that their suppliers can provide them with a good level of service in terms of customer support, regular & reliable deliveries, etc.

3. shuggle23

shuggle23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

Thank you for your reply. I had compiled a list of wholesalers to approach but had just wanted to check if coldcalling was an acceptable approach or if there was an alternative method of approach that is preferred.

Thanks again for your help.