Selfish People

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by rudradhar, Nov 10, 2012.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi BAF,

I know my question is something different to all. My question is How many people here are SELFISH?

This question is specially for marketers.

Reply with reason.

• Like Like x 1
  2. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am selfish :) Times and Situation determines my selfiness. :D
    If anybody down say I am not selfish/ being selfish is .... :D then they aren't human beings :D

3. Gamrpro

Gamrpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not selfish at all. If someone said I was then they'd be completely wrong. My dad called me selfish once which I know isn't true.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

For most of my life I considered myself to be a very unselfish and giving person. However, as I got older I recognised that lots of people were more helpful to me than I ever was to them. This made me believe that I may have been a little more selfish than I was willing to admit, I'm trying to work on that now and be more helpful when I can.

It has also been my observation that many people who are selfish really believe that they are not in anyway selfish and that some of the most generous and giving people underestimate themselves and don't seem to comprehend the sacrifices they make and how generous they are too others.

5. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Nice question. This question will touch in heart of every one... Selfish mean indirectly or directly called ego... If i am not wrong... In every level of life or after some time Every body selfish... When it's come in competition or do to some things proof to other or him self. Than time you can see real selfish human... If some one give reply like this "I am not a selfish" HI/SHE one of the selfish human... Because Hi/She ego can't accept this... That's y....

6. kaminiprajapati

kaminiprajapati
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes , this Question is Different from other. I want to go with Kimipatel Because She speak right because every Person has a sometimes become a Selfish for some reason or anything. Selfish is in Person nature.

7. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you Fergal what you had mentioned is very true the same thing I also feel.

8. 1paket.com

1paket.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm selfish as well.

9. manojagadi

manojagadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not a Selfish Person.

10. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I honestly say that sometimes I am selfish.. I tend to be self-centered and seem to put it my way..

11. jayed

jayed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only unselfish people I am aware of are those who give a part of themselves willingly, not just people that they know but also even to strangers. If you have not done that, then in a way, you have been selfish. I'm not ashamed to say that there are definitely times that I am selfish, especially when I wanted something so bad. Just my honest opinion though. ;)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Jayed what do you mean when you say "give a part of themselves"?

13. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Marketers are selfish because they have a target to keep their job. The target is to present the product/brand as the best, no matter how the product/brand is they have to create need for customers.

And I can be selfish Marketer for others but not for my company.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Not all marketers are selfish, some of them give very generously of their time to help promote charities and other good causes.

15. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree with you Fergal. I think marketers should not become selfish because for marketing their product or business they need help of others, so marketers should keeping helping each others so that every marketers can market their product easily without any investment.

16. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to say that I am a very unselfish person. Everything I do is for the benefit of others and I think about it all the time. Sometimes it is at my own cost and without the person knowing, but if that's what it takes, so be it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

rudradhar I think that there are good and bad people in every profession and walk of life, it seems a little unfair to judge everyone in a particular profession the same way.

Good for you Shahrier, you sound like a great friend to have.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always wish on being generous at all times, at all cost, but when it comes to my personal interest, I'm getting selfish. I am selfish, but not selfish as a character. I keep myself on being humble, generous, helpful as long as I could.

19. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think being selfish is a double edged sword. Look at most successful (at least by society's standards) people. The people that have made money or reached the top of their field are almost always very competitive and selfish people. Look at Steve Jobs. His "selfishness" has made millions of people's lives more convenient.

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your point is interesting MoneyTrack, I have personally known some successful people who were extremely selfish and self driven, yet lots of people and books tell us that the more we give to others the more successful we will be.

That's a very interesting paradox, I suppose we can't be much help to others unless we look after ourselves.