Self-Improvement Analysis

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Sotaru, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Sotaru

Sotaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a huge proponent of the Self-Improvement community and enjoy the psychological analysis of it.

With that said, I can tell that a lot of people sometimes struggle with Self-Improvement which is why they seek answers from things like EBooks, Videos, Seminars, etc.

A big thing that needs to be known about the subject in general is that the whole self-improvement concept has many different small elements that build it. My goal is for you to be able to recognize which elements you should focus on and how you can do that through your own Self-Improvement analysis.

Breakdown of the elements:
    Its completely subjective as to how many elements are invested into Self-Improvement but generically they will always fall under these categories.

- Emotional Improvement, recognizing ones emotions and trying to hone in on control and balance.
    - Physical Improvement, recognizing ones weaknesses or burdens and trying to attain an ideal physique.
    - Spiritual Improvement, recognizing ones faith, either to a diety, someone you look up to, etc.
    - Social Improvement, recognizing ones ability to act in social situations, including but not limited to situations like talking to the opposite sex, talking to potential customers/clients, nights out with friends, etc.
    - Mental Improvement, recognizing ones limitations and trying to expand or become more knowledgeable about certain subjects.

Now knowing about these elements can we further find out what it is we truly need to become the best version of ourselves. For example, one person may have decent skill sets in every element except Social and Mental improvement, and they are in a situation where they are trying to think of ways to make money because they need money desperately but they decide to focus on Social improvement because they really want to get better at talking to women. Analyzing a person like this from the outside-in we would say thats a simple choice, get better at improving mental abilities since clearly money is more important at this point in time, but to that person, they truly think that getting better at talking to women is more important.

The goal of this thread is to get those of you focusing on the wrong things to recognize those things right now, and prioritize which you need to improve on most at this current time in your life. Its good to be well rounded and improve yourself in every aspect, but only do whats most important for you because wasted time is the biggest reason many people fail or don't meet their own expectations in their lifetime.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me.

2. asbrown

asbrown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds like you are describing the benefits of taking a detailed personal inventory in order to make sure that self-improvement efforts are directed at the right areas. I think that is a great approach. It is important not only to be self-aware, but to also establish a baseline that future progress can be measured against. Some self-improvement journey's are long ones, and it can be easy to get lost along the way. Knowing where you started from, and where you're going it a great way to stay motivated.

Can you recommend any resources that can help someone take stock of themselves?

3. Sotaru

Sotaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course! Here's a list of some novels I recommend, you don't need all of them, any one of them will do the job

• Personal Development for Smart People - Steve Pavlina
    • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey
    • The Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman

4. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not inclined to follow that advice of self-analysis or introspection because my motto in life is to enjoy. So when I am overweight, I try to accept it. But my husband is one silly guy who keeps on telling me that I am overweight and that he is the only one to tell me that because my friends simply wouldn't. So I sometimes think of myself and how to improve my knowledge and my looks as well, hahahaaa.