Self Employed, without business property.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by stepheny, Jan 26, 2010.

1. stepheny

stepheny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm hoping to become self employed, running a newspaper delivery service from a van. It will be totally mobile even sorting the papers in the van. I still live with my parents and my dad in concerned that it might affect his tax or benefits or something. I will not be using the property for any part of the business, except maybe recieving cheques through the post. Will me becoming self employed affect my dad's tax or his house? I suppose when i register as becoming self employed I will have to put down an address.

2. Clinton

Clinton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, it won't affect his tax position at all. Just keep a separate bank account for the business and keep everything in your name.

I take it you're not a minor.

3. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You've good piece of thought in your mind.

I too agree with Clinton that having your own employment service will not affect your parent's tax. However, be concerned and ask this question to concern authority. All the best for your job!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

stepheny does your Dad fall into one of these categories employed, self employed or on state benefits?

You might need to notify your house insurer, if the business uses your home in any way, even as a postal address.

5. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's better to ask the insurer. Better to know first so that there won't be any problem to come along the way with your address and tax issues too.

6. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I would also advice you to check and ask out the insurer just to be sure. You will loose nothing if you'll ask right? :)

Good luck with your business! :)

7. navast

navast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck with your business.