Seeking Advice on Blogging

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Princeoftart, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Princeoftart

Princeoftart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there. I recently created my first ever blog. I did a lot of researches and read a lot of advice on blogging before I really took action. Now that I created it, but I don't know what to do next :( I know there are a lot of things to get done like SEO, promotion, creating an about page so on... Maybe due to information overload I just lose my direction now...

So I hope to seek some advice on the first stage of blogging... Thanks in advance :)

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest at least spend 2 months on the content itself before go for seo or promoting

• Like Like x 3
  3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i was like when i first started. i don't know what to do and what to write too.but i did take a look for some similar blogs, take a peek of what they've put on their pages and i then created my own.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Princeoftart

Princeoftart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I get what you mean... People certainly won't read an empty blog >.<

I have some plans already for the content part... Just other things to do besides content confuse me... There's a lot to do eh...

I understand none of the terms above except for unlimited photos and videos... I'm a complete newbie >.<

5. deannatroupe

deannatroupe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest that you come up with an editorial calendar. Basically that is a guide of what you are going to post each day. Now you don't have to necessarily stick to that guide. Nothing is set in stone. It will come in handy for those days when you are sitting in front of the computer wondering what to write about. Also once you do get started be sure to incorporate social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) in your promotion efforts.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as your content is good enough, the rest will become easy.
    Content itself might generate natural link too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Princeoftart

Princeoftart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice! It's for sure a long term process... I'll try my best and whenever I have other questions I'll ask again :)

8. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the most important things you should do is to seek out other established blogs that cater to the same topics you plan on catering to and start commenting on their posts. If those blogs have a large following and you are adding valuable comments to those posts, people will begin to notice you and check out your blog. At the same time you need to be consistent with your blogging, and you should blog often especially in the beginning so when first timers come and check out your blog they see you have what to offer them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, content is very important in Google. Also remember to have a unique content.