Searching for business Partner?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by daytrader, Nov 12, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have tried to join a local gathering where entrepreneurs will share ideas and hope few of the people from the audience will be interested and join to build your idea to life. They were really good and though I haven't really decide to join anyone's idea, I saw people enjoy sharing.

Maybe you also have heard them in your area, try searching a local group in your city in startupweekend.org and maybe join. Its good for those that don't have much budget. Or if you need some people with skills.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think at any type of networking even you would need to build up a long standing established relationship with someone before entering a partnership with them?

Or is the purpose of the event specifically focused on setting up quick collaborations etc? I've only been to one or two networking events but I wasn't pitching business at the time.

3. KScott55

KScott55
    uix_expand uix_collapse

^ I agree. I would never start a business with somebody without knowing them for years prior.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the people who actually are joining understands the importance of the relationship that's why it will only last for 54 hours. After pitching ideas, gather people that might help work for 54 hours and its all up to the individual to continue their relationship. Now, you all have to talk and agree things anyway..

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a good idea. Like an acquaintance party for business people, some sort of meet and greet. Business ideas and success always starts with people landing on the same page, stepping up and creating actions. What you've done opens up opportunities to each business individual - finding some prospect partners or whatsoever.

6. selinazou

selinazou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can not agree more. I won't choose to cooperate with any one if I don't know him or her for more than 10 years.

7. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may find some people that you can network with (other small business owners). But to make a long term commitment like that should only be done after really getting to know someone.

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Knowing others is a good start for that, Money Track. Through this, you may find people whom you can trust and not. With this you can start small projects and eventually become solid business partners which in turn, becomes a long term commitment for both.