Search Network Vs Display Network

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rudradhar, Jan 30, 2013.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

What is best for PPC Search Network or Display Network?

In which network we can get more conversions. Is there any tutorials available for this (except Google)

2. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Through PPC search network we get more conversions. Since more than 70% of the people makes use of Google as their No.1 search engine for searching their queries. So we can more business through PPC search network only.

3. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PPC Search Network has much higher conversions in my experience because if you target the right keywords you automatically get traffic from people ready to buy right now.

I equate the Google display network to be similar in quality to Facebook ad traffic. Conversions are much harder and much lower percentage. I think you have to use a different approach altogether instead of just sending that traffic directly to sales offers. Instead you are better off sending them to an informational piece that might turn them into a buyer or else capturing their contact info using some kind of opt-in system.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rank90

rank90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Off course PPC Search Network is more better than display Network.

5. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think people are too quick to jump to the search network as "better". They serve different purposes as Ted put it the display network can be likened to facebook ads.

Here is the way I see it.

Search network is used by marketers who want to address people who have a direct problem or query. Someone has looked for a specific piece of information and they are bidding their product, email list, info page etc. as the solution to that problem or answer to the query. Search network ads often have a very specific goal and so they target very specific traffic that has a stated intent.

Display network is used by marketers that want to catch the attention of people who are in 'browsing' or 'non-search' mode. They are not in specific need of "how do I make example" but are more interested parties in a broader more general topic. The advertiser is making an educated guess that because the user is on a page themed around certain content they will either directly or indirectly have an interest in the product/service/intended action the marketer wants them do buy/do.

So I wouldn't say that one WINS over the other, but that they both serve a purpose in bringing a certain type of traffic to your landing page.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Why? What makes a PPC Network better than a Display Network? From your statement above, it seems like you believe it would be obvious to anyone, that the question shouldn't even need to be asked. Why do you feel that way? Can you add anything to the discussion that hasn't been mentioned before?

7. Mchetan

Mchetan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I have basic knowledge of PPC and waiting to come in this field. I worked on Search network and display network both are have a great value.

Thanks

8. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be sure with your statement. You said that you have only basic idea of PPC and also you're waiting to enter in this field and in other line you had said that
    How can you say that both are good if you had only basic idea and still waiting to enter in PPC

9. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my suggestion,a search network may be regarded as network of search engines that advertisers can opt in to advertise on through the Google Adwords platform.
    On the other hand,a display network is the name of the combined websites that display Google Adwords texts and banner advertisements.