Search Extreme

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Tejmal, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Tejmal

Tejmal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

[​IMG]

Website Name: Search Extreme
    Website link: http://searchextreme.co.uk
    Description: Search Extreme lets you find retailers at a click of a button and helps you find the cheapest prices around. Search Extreme allows you to search retailers by catogories from healthy and beauty to gadgets and gaming. This site is still under development and much more retailers are to be added.

My main aim is to make it into a price comparison site but that will take some time, but that's what I'm working towards.

#1 Tejmal, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site seems to be in good shape. The categories are well categorized.
    The only thing that I noticed on your site is the lack of color scheme which made it look plain.
    Another thing is the homepage. The image on the homepage is still the same even if you press the scroll button. Is that really needed?

I also suggests you to include some retailer reviews so that visitors would know how reliable these retailers are.

3. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually i really like your website design, it is simple and nice looking for me. And i know the designer who design it for you.

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site looks really good. It has simple design and very good layout. I have few suggestions for your site:

1. Your site needs a favicon. Without favicon it looks odd. If you don't have knowledge about it, then favicon is located here:

[​IMG]

If you don't know how to enter a favicon then here is a tutorial - http://www.w3.org/2005/10/howto-favicon

2. The dotted lining background looks odd. You need to make it plain white or change it to anything else.

I am talking about this one :

[​IMG]

5. Tejmal

Tejmal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

I'm going to add more pictures to the slider and also make them clickable, also the retailer pages are going to be changed slightly, but as I said in the first post my main aim is to make a price comparison site so I'm also working on that but for now I will update the site and add more features to it

Thanks again.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd agree that the design looks professional and appealing. When you are adding more images to the homepage header, I'd suggest that you add images that are relevant to retailing and shopping. The flying bird image looks great, but I'm not sure how it is related to the purpose of your site.

Will you be adding a submission page, where retailers can add their store?

You might also want to give some thought to your page titles (in the title tag) to help your site's SEO. The title tag is very important for SEO purposes and you will want to include some good and relevant keywords in the title tag for each page. Your currently use "Search Extreme" but the reality is that almost no one searches for that term.

Good luck with it.

7. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When i look at your site again, it has 1 problem.
    I like your grid background it is very nice but when i view the search retailers page, the banner is not inline is the text beside it. The banner is higher than the text.