Search Engine Ranking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by toprungllc, Dec 30, 2015.

1. toprungllc

toprungllc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

how to get better and better place on google, anyone tell me, how to get best place for a website in limited time period.

2. addialex

addialex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do proper SEO for your website,get engaged on social media sites like facebook,twitter,linkedin etc.Do content marketing to get rank in google.

3. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Post and update your website content, meta description. Add more and more content to your target page.
    Add blog in your website and add fresh content frequently in blog.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Topringllc:
    Although hrishivardhan and addialex have attempted to answer your question, both replies have ignored an important part of the question. You asked how to get "better and better place on Google...in a limited time period". What do you consider a "limited time period"? Given that the process of ranking a website, and keeping it there, is ongoing for as long as your business is in business, why does it need to be done in a "limited time period"? The question you asked shows an extreme lack of knowledge about what the process of ranking a website actually involves, especially if you do it yourself. First, you need enough knowledge of HTML to make sure there are no errors in the coding of your website that are keeping it from getting ranked. Then you have to make sure the content is relevant to a search that a prospect may perform, and is as informative as possible. Then you have to start letting people know you exist, on a regular basis. I mentioned the attempts to help you earlier, and neither one goes far enough, and may steer you in the wrong direction. Do not add "more and more content to your target page" just to try to get high ranking. Yes, you do need to make sure it is accurate, relevant, and up-to-date, so you do need to update the content if necessary. But, you do not need to add content just for the sake of doing so. Having a blog is an excellent idea, and that must be updated regularly as well. Here too, you have to make sure your article is accurate, relevant, up-to-date, and informative. You also need to join, and participate in, relevant networking groups and websites, and share articles on relevant and popular social bookmarking sites. That's the "content marketing" part that addialex failed to explain.

All of this takes time. Even a professional marketing firm can take a minimum of 3 months to begin to get your website to page one for relevant keywords. There is no "limited time period" in which website marketing can be done.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kentus Mike

Kentus Mike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to hold the top place for your website on Google then you need to do proper SEO for your website. First do on page in a safe way and selection the keywords so that you can easily rank on google. And after that start off page to get traffic and rank for your website.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I appreciate your attempt to assist toprungllc. Your reply goes further than addialex and hrishivardhan, but, like them, doesn't go far enough. What is a "safe way" to do on page SEO? Is there an unsafe way? What are the steps to take in doing on page SEO in a "safe way"? You did mention the keywords, which I didn't, but then said by selecting the right keywords he can "easily rank on Google". This is misleading, as ranking on Google is not "easy". Certain keywords may rank easier, but telling someone they can easily rank on google gives them the wrong impression. You then tell him to start off page, but don't tell him how. What types of activities are included in off page SEO? Where should these activities be performed? You then tell him by doing off page he will "get traffic and rank for (his) website". How do you know that he will rank, if you haven't fully explained the process? He could do something wrong and wind up doing worse than when he started. Even if he does the right things, it may take him a while to rank, and he said he wanted to rank in a "limited time period". Your post gives him the impression that he can actually accomplish his goal, when the probability is greater that he will not.
    As I said in my original post, he has very little knowledge of SEO, so any reply to his OP must set him straight, so that he knows what is involved, and why it is probably not possible to rank in a "limited time period". Giving the impression that it is possible serves no useful purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Muhsina Fatima

Muhsina Fatima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you think about automatic link building? Is it useful?

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Absolutely not! Automatic link building will most likely bring you a lot of spam or junk links, and will severely hamper your marketing efforts. These kinds of techniques are tempting for those who do not have the time do market their website properly themselves, and there are, unfortunately, many people who are willing to take their money, knowing, but not caring, what the result will be.
    There are no shortcuts! Ask yourself, is it worth destroying your business by doing things the easy way?

• Like Like x 1
  9. thedocoffice

thedocoffice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

toprungllc, I am also relatively new to SEO. For sure I would listen carefully to joseph-shivell, he is giving some sound advice ( even if it is stern :) )

There are a lot of scammy ways to get more back-links and higher page results. Many of the older scams have been identified and will hurt your ranking. If it is a new "scammy" method then rest assured the Search Engines will figure it out. The first thing I would recommend is studying the landscape, learn the players, the terminology and methodologies.

If you are being asked to ramp up your SEO in a short time period by an employer or by a client you may want to educate them on the foolishness of that request. I try to think that "The search engine gurus at google are more clever than I am and I am not going to trick them, so I don't even try." Even if I were to trick them for a short while it would en up hurting me in the long run.

I am going to give some answers that ignores part of your question "in a short amount of time" as this is really dictated by your content. If your good content is unique and in high demand, none of this other stuff likely matters.

Key concepts to learn ( not in any particular order ):

Keyword Research - There are tools that will help you understand what keywords are being searched for your content. I currently use Google's Keyword Tool within ad-words . It seems best to start with lower competition keywords, but that is just my opinion.

What is SERP
    - Search Engine Results Position ( Page ), you will need a tool to measure this., I use a website called whatismyserp.com it lets you type in a dozen different Keyword Phrases and gives your position. I your page is within the first 300 results.

Using "Long Tail" Keywords - My site has to do with Medical Information Technology. I have an article on "top ten free open source EMR" I rank number 10 on that long keyword phrase. If you search "Free EMR" I am not on the list.

Quality Content - Advice from around the web is constantly about creating quality content. Specifically longer, well written content.

Your Competition - Spend some time on a successful competitors website’s, even search for their specific Domain Name. See were they are getting their links, these are likely business entities you will need to engage with.

Social Marketing - This is the hard one, all the ranking officials and experts say that social marketing is key but I find it to be a little bit of a Catch-22. I would ignore it at your own peril, make sure you at a minimum connect all the basic social accounts.

Using google's tools - If you haven't already go setup these three Google Adsense, google Webmaster and Google Analytics. You will be able to learn the mind of the Goog and what it thinks about your webiste.

Performance - Make certain your website is performs well ( fast, efficient etc., ) head over to websitegrader.com, I used this site to work through a host of problems. It is not overwhelming. Once I got through this I have moved on to a more detailed grader.

Site Wide Analysis - The final tool I would recommend getting familiar with is "Screaming Frog SEO Spider" It will scan your entire site and help you find problems like title length, duplications, missing meta tags and much more. Also, it is free.

A Side Note:

joseph-shivell mentioned HTML Errors, META tags and other technical aspects. I highly recommend using a CMS ( Content Management System ) The good ones will help you get your house in order on a number of fronts. I use Drupal, it has built in modules for many of the above mentioned activities. There are other good CMS systems like Wordpress and Joomla. Don't re-invent the wheel.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AjitKhodke

AjitKhodke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    Did you create google analytic and google webmaster account as well as sitemap.xml for your website?
    If not, then create a Google webmaster account and add your website there. Also generate the sitemap and submit it to the indexing. It is very easy and organic method to index your website in Google in least time.

11. yugabharathi24

yugabharathi24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, you need to finish doing your On-Page optimization properly and then try to find low - medium competitive keywords and do Guest blogging on authoritative sites which will help you to rank for that term in the shortest possible time.

12. pyraxic

pyraxic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do lots of keyword research online - spend time on social networking by promoting your website. Create sitemap of your site and create RSS feed. Use shareoholic on your website for other people to share your website.

13. Bjones01

Bjones01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do proper keyword research which relate your site and than doing off page submissions like Guest Blogging , Fourms , RSS Feeds , Doc Sharings.

#13 Bjones01, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  14. Smritikana

Smritikana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Put proper title & description for your website and give quality content and back link to your website to get more traffic and maintain seo friendly design for your website.

15. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get high rank of your website you need to do effective off page seo of your website.Use content based techniques like Blog posting,Article submission,Forum posting,Question answers.Always create fresh content about your website and share it on social media sites.This will really help your to get high ranking of your website.

16. justin Urbas

justin Urbas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well that's true there is no shortcut for achieving good position on google, but you can make your website eligible enough so that it can be crawled by Google asap. In order to do so one has to proper on page and off page SEO. Results would be not far.

17. Oliver Mike

Oliver Mike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Proper SEO optimization both off and on page can lead you better ranking on Google or other searching engine. Also you do SMM and SEM as well to ranking your website fast and in order to get massive traffic within a short period of time limit.

18. geeksonrepair

geeksonrepair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do SEO of your website.Use effective off page seo techniques and share content related to your website.Create your account on social sites like Facebook,Twitter,Google plus and also share website content on these sites to get website traffic and business promotion.

19. Gustavo

Gustavo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most proper way is do On Page optimization and use fresh contents on Forums, Blogs, use keywords in it and give hypertext to them, but all these are in proper way. dont do spamming..

20. spyindiaanu

spyindiaanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search Engine Ranking is a great concept and people have different concept to analysis the website individually. Main Question rises. How to bring your keywords and website ranking at the top in the search engine. This is main question but the people analyses in their Ways. From my point of view I have do same process as other but method to bring website at top searches is according to the guideline of the major search Engine. We focus on On page, Off Page and Social Networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter, plurk, start.me, myspace, StumbleUpon and many more. On page where you optimize the website URL structure, Meta tags, website statistics, internal linking, keyword analysis, keyword which have long tail is used to ranked and also having high search volume, using navigation bar, sitemap, robot.txt file and main thing is content optimization this is one of the most important part in On page optimization. Where as Off page optimization is for link building, so do those activity by which you get quality and relevant backlink to your site.