Search Engine Optimization

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MikeReed, Sep 23, 2011.

1. MikeReed

MikeReed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quick question.. Do you pay a web design company for SEO plans or do you promote your sites yourself? Any ideas for a newbie to the SEO industry?

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is time VS money, if I have budget I will assign a company doing SEO and marketing planning. I know the way to plan and promote my site, so I do it my own.

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you got the time to promote your website. You can promote it by yourself. If you don't you can hire someone to do the work. Building links isn't that hard to do. Although you just got to know the industry first before you do anything.

4. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know what your budget is, but if you don't have the skills/knowledge to successfully market your business online, than you should hire the right professional to do it for you. You could start some basic SEO on your own like submitting your site to key directories, and listing it in local search engines. Starting a blog would also be helpful if you post quality content.

5. SalesExpert

SalesExpert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Gary,

Thanks for Sharing Nice and Helpful Information.I hope you will share More Information in future.

Thanks,

6. jole

jole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are serious about your bussines, then better start learning a lot about SEO, or if you don't have time or will, just pay to someone who knows how to do SEO. This is problem for itself, find someone who really knows the job.

7. CoachJulie1

CoachJulie1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My website design company provided some good free advice upfront, but right now I'm doing it on my own. I agree with jole--evaluate budget, time and willingness to master this on your own. It is overwhelming and can be daunting. Start small and methodically. I found the book 101 Ways to Promote Your Website by Susan Sweeney to be helpful. Good Luck!

8. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

SEO is the practice of maximizing the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "Natural" or un-paid means "organic" or "algorithmic" search results as opposed to other forms of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) which may deal with paid inclusion.

9. rhymers

rhymers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends if SEO is the right thing to do. WHat are you trying to sell/promote?

10. chizcurlz

chizcurlz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are internet marketing firms that offer both web development (including design and maintenance) and search engine optimization in one package. But if you know someone who can help you out with SEO then you can hire him to promote your business online or hire him as a consultant/someone who will teach you different stuffs about SEO.

11. faisaldigit

faisaldigit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also using SEO techniques and enjoy very high quality traffic for my site and my buyers sites.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, you do not want to hire a web design company to provide SEO services unless they are clearly two separate divisions of the same company. You want a professional web designer to do the design, and an SEO professional to provide the SEO services. although they should communicate with one another, so they are both working toward the same goal.
    With all due respect, chizcurlz, I would not want both the design and search engine optimization together in one package, because it usually means you are not getting the best level of service for the SEO - it is a basic service that is added at a bargain price to entice the client to buy. Having said that, however, there is nothing wrong with getting two separate packages and getting a discount on both, as long as each service is being provided by the appropriate professional.