Scope of Direct marketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by angela walters, Jul 23, 2015.

1. angela walters

angela walters
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I own a small restaurant in Toronto. My friend suggested me to hire a mailing service for direct marketing. I contacted them and I’m planning to use flyers and postal mails as of now since my target is local customers. I would like to know whether investing money in direct marketing is worth or not. So far the only marketing technique used for my restaurant is word of mouth. I’m planning to send out offer coupons and menu by personal mails. I hope that it will bring more customers to my restaurant.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Direct mail is a very good way to promote your local business. Offer coupons are an excellent idea, but I wouldn't send out menus unless you offer delivery and/or takeout, where customers can call to place an order, and go to the restaurant to pick it up.

3. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Word of mouth is what we call offline marketing then the send out of offering coupons through mails is email marketing. Aside from these method most of the targeted customers tend to use online for their product and services. Spend some time in online marketing for you to broaden your restaurant's influence and build its brand to the customers.

4. Sabina Guida

Sabina Guida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    In case you have just established your business and is now hoping to make it big by way of disseminating your company’s profile, you must make a mailing list. Mailing lists are intended recipients of your messages. However, regardless of how well-detailed your mails are, when they are delivered to the wrong individuals, it is little of a difference if you did not send them at all. Creating marketing lists would be advantageous because you will have to get in touch with your target audience to introduce to them your business, as well as the services and products. Having the ability to contact the right recipients is still the best factor that you ought to consider.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you are going to advertise using direct mail. I would recommend taking a look at kristalytics.com Direct Mail DNA. They combine the addresses with consumer buying habits living at those addresses. This way instead of blasting the flyers out to everyone they are sent to a more targeted audience.

As Sabina said, if they are sent to the wrong individuals that never would have bought in the first place. That's money wasted.

6. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are planning to send out offer coupons and menu by personal mails, then it is a great way to promote your business. It will definitely bring customers to your restaurant. But first do a small survey around your targeted local market about people's requirements too. This will helpful in direct marketing while sending mails to them.

7. campbelljof

campbelljof
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello,

you are planning a right thing for your business means marketing makes any business complete.
    By marketing you can make a audience for your business.
    by doing this you will get a best result.
    even every business of the world invested 70 % of its product on marketing.
    if you want to make successful your business then you should do marketing of your business.