Schools

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by gktime, Sep 26, 2014.

1. gktime

gktime
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The school system in America is maligned by everybody, and I would like to know what your guys take on it is. I believe it is not good for self improvement or wellbeing for several reasons. You lose sleep from lack of homework, you lose creativity and critical thinking skills from having to do the same thing every day, you lose self esteem from being bullied, and more. really the school system is ancient now and was designed for factory workers. However, many people still believe that the schools are a good thing and if you do I would like to know why you do! I know you learn a little bit of things, but really it's all rote memorization and you forget pretty much everything you learn..

2. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i thought about school in a negative way, first i was irresposible, lazy, and could never wake up on time. i skipped out of school at least 3 days a week my later years, forged notes didnt get in trouble. it just didnt feel right, i had to go to school everyday? do this work? sit here and be quiet and pay attention without disrupting anything? i never liked it, never felt comfortable, wasnt learning anything

but you do have to be educated i understand, and get an education after high school to survive comfortably

but that wasnt me, i didnt care, wasnt interested in something enough to want to be educated and didnt think of furthering one

3. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't like school because it makes me feel bad. I hate teachers and all with it connected.

4. SLogix-Brian

SLogix-Brian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well school ... it's a sad time for me. Don't like to recollect about that.

5. interiordecors

interiordecors
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i suggest chennai interior decors a famous furniture suppliers for schools as well as college.

6. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Somehow we have to learn the basics :)
    The effectiveness of teaching / learning and the material can be challenged but I think school and education is a good thing

7. spyindiaanu

spyindiaanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love my school days, these will never come back. I had so manly friend, we played and enjoyed and how we used to make fun of teachers badly. And we enjoyed our punishment also. We were very naughty. So we can enjoy anywhere in any situation.

8. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't forget my school day, when I was in ninth class, there was a so much beautiful teacher miss Neena, She was very charming, I never missed her class.

9. bburkeconsulting

bburkeconsulting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The theory of the marginalized US education system is discussed frequently, as it should be. Mediocrity is everywhere you look. Everything started requiring a degree, so degree mills popped up. Degree programs have become less strict; it's more about throughput than education, because more students = more funding (whether state or private). Things are broken up into teams under the guise of preparing students for the professional world; but i suspect that in reality it's a hedge to get the students through with cohort groups, allowing performers to carry the dead weight of others. Hence crappy students get degrees just the same; hence, the value of all degrees decreases. Good job USA.

10. glennmartin

glennmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me school is the best place and it is necessary for all, because we meet different friends here and some of them become more important to us. Without school life is boring. We feel alone at home. We enjoyed the school trips as a group. School-based sports programs can bring out noticeable positive reactions and behaviors in teens.

11. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Schools do the absolute job og preparing students for college. Find what suits you the best based on your interest. Academically, culturally, receive a standard reference, which is a natural compliment to the thinking life.

12. B2025

B2025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a number of problems with American schools. School policy is politicized, schedules, grade expectations, the ability for instructors to respond appropriately, etc.
    I agree that American schools have some real issues, and was designed for a factory type setting as you state.
    There is really no critical thinking, just regurgitation; something that is proving to be a real problem even currently as individuals without any critical thinking ability enter the workforce, involve themselves in politics, etc.