Saying Sorry

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Joe, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Joe

Joe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you apologize when you are in the wrong? I know its hard for some people..
    What was the last situation where you had to do this?

2. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes ofcourse, I always do. whenever i do wrong i will admit it, but if i never did i don't. How about you?

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course. Especially if you have done something really bad to others.
    It will definitely take out the weight you are carrying in your chest. And saying sorry will clear your conscience...

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes I've no problem apologising. We all make mistakes and when we do make them, it is much easier to own up to them, learn from them and apologise, than trying to cover them up or pretend they never happened.

5. Richard Edmonds

Richard Edmonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe it's vital to accept where you're wrong as you generally demand an apology from another when they are incorrect. We're only human after all?

6. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No one is perfect, No matter how great personality he is or how famous he is...Its the very greatest truth that humans are bound to commit mistakes...some time less, some times more....

So the best way to rectify your mistakes is to say sorry and apologize with the feeling and intention of not repeating the said thing or situation that has made us apologize...

I prefer saying sorry at the very instant I commit mistake instead of hiding my mistakes and creating a bigger blunder for myself...

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good point, it's much easier to say sorry immediately after the event. When we try to ignore it, the problem can snowball and the situation become more difficult for everyone involved. It doesn't help to leave people mulling over problems and a simple apology can help provide the environment for all involved to move forward and leave the past behind them.

8. RogelynVKW

RogelynVKW
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do say sorry instantly after committing a mistake, it gives me peace of mind.

9. aimee

aimee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya...but rarely...

10. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I say that every time I make a mistake. If you say sorry, you will most likely get forgiven and you don't have to worry about it. If you pretend it never happened, it can creep back at you and cause you a lot of trouble later in life.

11. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try to because it shows that you are geniune and this is a trait that is often missed out there these days.

12. Hulbert Lee

Hulbert Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on who I'm talking to and the situation. If I respect the person, I will say sorry to them if I have hurt or did something wrong to them.

13. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Saying sorry for mistakes you have committed is one of the most powerful words to anyone. It makes both parties feel better, less stress, and less angry in general about a certain situation. Of course, apologizing when you are in the wrong at times might make you feel a little "less", but in the end you being something "more". I personally have no problem apologizing, and unfortunately I do it more than I'd like. The only reason I say it like that though is because I tend to make mistakes more than I like ;)

14. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends :p

15. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends what kind of mistake
    If you are forgot the dating, it is very straight forward, you gotta say thousand time sorry
    If you make mistake on decision which causing your company lose a lot of money, you no need to say sorry because sorry don't work. You need to take some action

16. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nonetheless, you would still apologize for your mistake. I agree you would need to take action to fix things, but at the same time if you don't say something along the lines "Sorry for the mistake, I promise I'll do everything in my power to fix this" and implement it then it doesn't even matter.

17. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You dont need sorry and say this kind of words, you need now is the corrective action and proposal. Don't spend your time on this is of useless words which not going to help. I was working for few big company before, top management don't like to heard sorry, they need the result. They need to know what is the next action, if they satisfy with your action, go ahead and correct it. If you familiar with those ISO system, there are no such thing called sorry or promise, they are out of the system requirement, and it is also non-value added. It sames happen to your customer, they don't need sorry or something similar, what they need is corrective action and preventive action.
    Your plan already tell them what you feel and you trying to fix the problem.

18. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, but at the same time saying sorry is not a waste of time, it takes less than a second to say. On top of that, how will they know you're implementing on fixing the problems if you don't voice that you're going to fix it? They need to know that information, they may not care at the time and it might not matter at that point, but they still need to know that you are willing to fix it. Not just have you show up 24 hours later with it fixed with no prior talking about the mistake at hand.

19. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I mean is you can't waste time on this. Just spend all your time and the action and proposal (you gotta make them done ASAP, suggest not more than half an hours) before meet your boss. If you spend your time finding your boss or wait your boss to call you, then say sorry to him/her by saying just sorry or promise something without any proposal or report, you are wasting maybe one hour. And what your boss think about you? Saying sorry and promise without any actual action or report, need him/her wait you to do it and come back to him/her after some time?

If you really want to say sorry, say it after everything fixed. However, not suggested

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What does it depends?