Saving energy

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Rosy Queen, May 17, 2016.

1. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, guys! How do corporations/businesses save energy? I've been reading a lot about continuous monitoring and energy management solutions. Is it reliable and efficient? Thanks!

2. Megan Rae

Megan Rae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I was still working in a hotel, all back offices were required to only open the lights, computer and air condition at exactly 8 AM and close at 5 PM except for those who are rendering overtime. If we need to print especially contracts and memorandums that require the manager's approval or signature, we must only use a scratch paper for printing. There are still more... you can follow also some of these tips. And yes, you can also opt to hire an energy management solutions provider since they have better ideas and procedures to implement for you to improve your energy conservation. Most of them conduct some seminars and training to company's employees for better implementation.

3. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    I saw a continuous monitoring and management solution from Ecova it says that it operates 24/7 and I feel that It might work for me, you think it's worth spending money on this kind of monitoring programs?

4. Amit Prasad

Amit Prasad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Below are the some energy saving tips that can be useful for corporate world:
    • Use natural lighting resources whenever and wherever possible.
    • Turn off non-essential lights and electrical appliances which are running unnecessarily.
    • Switch off outdoor lighting solutions during daytime.
    • Replace outdated and heavy energy consuming lights and office equipment with the latest energy saving lighting solutions and appliances. Replace all old incandescent lights with LEDs and CFLs.
    • If possible, install occupancy sensors that automatically turn lights OFF and ON depending upon the occupancy in the room.