Sales thru Affiliates

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by daytrader, Feb 3, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a travel site which i monetize thru CJ.com with the the hotel networks connected to them. users in my site register to tripadvisor where i gain commissions every time users book online. After I reach the Amount I set up for my payout,I move to hotelscombined.com directly making it no connection with CJ anymore.

My problem is that I just receive bookings almost just once or twice a week now as compare to with tripadvisor/CJ.
    is tripadvisor really trusted in US and Europe?

2. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Tripadvisor is reliable in US as well as in Europe.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

why dyou say so?

have you tried signing in tripadvisor and book a hotel there?

4. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will take time to stay in the minds of the clints for the longer time when you will provide the longer time quality services to your cleints.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Tripadvisor is very well known and trusted in Ireland, when it comes to getting reviews of destinations and holiday accommodation. I haven't heard of people actually using it to book anything directly but lots of Irish people do use it to read reviews before they actually make a booking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tripadvisor is connected to CJ so travel sites can signup as an affiliate of tripadvisor using cj account. The problem with CJ is that they don't send payments thru paypal so It reaches in my country for almost 3 months before i can cash out. Hotelscombined.com pays thru paypal and I usually get about a $3/lead. compare to CJ.

7. hellohot

hellohot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, a number of booking sites offer a percentage of booking amount which is usually higher than a $3/lead, I would check out hotels.com, travelocity.com (wctravel.com is the affiliate site) and booking.com conditions.

8. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can make seo on hotels discount.. e.g if some one searches hotelname %age discount then your sites comes in top google ranking. This tip can increase your sales.

9. SeanFace101

SeanFace101
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have an online store on my xbox forum, it sells games, consoles, accessories, mods, etc..
    The store is with Amazon Affiliates (Associates), it is good & the commission is pretty good too.

10. mtwheeler03

mtwheeler03
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thats awesome seanface... how many members are on your forum? was it hard to build up a build group of people?

11. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have used some of the affiliates programs and it does work pretty good. I love it when someone signs up on my website and are able to earn 12% bonus. I don't like the waiting period some of the other affiliates use, but i do understand why though.

12. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really very difficult to do affiliate marketing satisfying customer is the most difficult work in this world and this work is just related to satisfying a person about product. You just need a magical conversation power.