Sales forecast help!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by MrV, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MrV

MrV
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Im trying to complete my business plan to apply for funding and im a bit stumped on my sales forecast. The only market research I can gather is guesswork and sales figures from other sellers and im not sure what method of forecasting to use. I've never been any good with numbers and this is really confusing me, also does anyone know where I can get my business plan checked by a pro?

Thanks, Ben

2. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sales forecasting

Hi,

There are a variety of professionals who can draw up a sales forecast based on the domain you are operating in / planning to operate in. What is the method of forecasting to use? Depends on your domain's parameters. It it is industrial/manufacturing, the forecasting method will be different; if it is services, the forecasting will follow a different approach.

3. MrV

MrV
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the reply, I have finished my business plan and cashflow, however what I meant was I have no facts regarding the aquatic trade. I cannot find how many registered businesses in the trade there are, or what the annual industry turnover is etc so I literally have no figures to base my forecasts on which means, if im correct, my entire business plan and sales forecast means nothing

4. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to work out sales forecast - start up business

Hi,

I presume you are just starting out in your acquatic business. In such cases, you have to go by your vision of how the business will pan out in the next few years; within how much time you calculate you are going to break even and generate profits. You do not need to be accurate; but be realistic.

As for businesses existing in the competition, I am sure you can find and talk to people in the trade, or chat with those manning the chambers of commerce of your community.