Sales and retail tips from Damien Green

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by DamienGreen, Nov 30, 2010.

1. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, My name is Damien Green, I'm 19 years old, I have experience as a door to door sales man, and now and running my own retail business. Today I write this to share some of my own top tips!

The Law Of Averages.

The first thing you need to ask yourself is, do you know what this is, the second is, do you understand what it means.

Basically and most simply put, the law of averages means for every "no" you get, you are that much closer to a yes! , this is short is all you need to know; you need to work out your average.

Mine currently is 1 in 10 customers is sale! This means when I hear the word "no" I'm excited because I know I'm 5 or 6 "no's" away from a "yes"!

It's amazing really, because this system works, every single time, and no body really knows why, but put it this way, if you develop a firm trust of the law of averages it will work for you as well!

Attitude.

Now I'm talking about your mind set, your attitude towards life and the work you do, and I'll tell you what, your mindset and attitude is extremely important!

Your attitude will influence your sale big time! if your attitude is not at it's best, it will rub of on your customer.

You have to get excited about what your selling, your customer most likely will get excited as well, also I think you will find a smile goes a long way, it's almost infectious!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's all I have time for right now, I'll be posting more tips when I have more time to write, I do hope some of you found this useful, if you did, then put it into practice!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that with us DamienGreen, I admire your positive attitude and your outlook on sales. I especially like the way you get "excited" about hearing a "No".

3. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, having positive attitude in sales is the only way to he successful, and that's going to hold true forever!

4. taduyducvn

taduyducvn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This could be a great tips for us. Thanks DamienGreen

5. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Glad you think so, more coming soon.