Rules to success

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by ASAmoto, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ASAmoto

ASAmoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Plan for each day.
    2. Keep a list of your priorities in view.
    3. Ask of each new task before you: "Who is the best person to be doing this task?"
    4. Ask specifically for what you want, including conditions of satisfaction, and timeframes.
    5. Skip the morning news on TV. It's primarily negative. Skip the late night news on TV. It's even more negative than the morning news. Go to sleep earlier, read, or write a journal.
    6. Start each day with 30-60 minutes of reading business, educational or inspirational.
    7. Refine and clarify your vision. Where are your actions taking your organization?
    8. Whatever you are currently complaining about, please stop it.
    9. Use the 80/20 rule to your advantage.
    10. Work on one item at a time--time management
    11. Write down your basic values.
    12. Put all your goals into writing.
    13. Do your next day's planning at the end of the day.
    14. Be networking conscious.
    15. Establish a reading or learning plan.
    16. Ask the question, where is the strategic or competitive advantage?
    17. Figure out what you are very good at doing--delegate or outsource the rest.
    18. Analyze the cost/benefit of what you are doing. It may be more cost-effective to delegate or outsource.
    19. Ask yourself, "Is what I am doing the highest value contribution I can make now?" If not, don't do it.

2. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing your rules of success tips.

What do you actually mean by skip morning news and even evening news. Some news are very vital neglecting unnecessary news that comes more often. Television are also good source of news provider.

What does it mean actually? What kind of rules are you referring or is this related with your writing this thread?

However, you've quoted some nice tips which are very valuable for beginners and those who have been learning to success.

3. chinaoilpainting

chinaoilpainting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

haha!
    practice makes perfect

4. navast

navast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it true that said easy than done? In fact, most of us know the rules to success. But why to be successful is difficult to most of us?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Great tips there ASAmoto. I believe strongly that anyone who puts them into practice will be a lot more successful. Like DEADMAN, I'd also be interested to hear a little more about your views on the news. I agree with you that it is often negative and can make you feel down. However, do you not think it is important to stay up to date with current affairs and business news?

Perhaps for some of these reasons;
    • We don't do what needs to be done
    • We are not motivated enough
    • We don't ask for help & advice when we need it
    • We don't exercise enough self discipline
    • We don't have a clear and definite understanding of what we really want.

What do you think?

6. RKMVirtualAssist.

RKMVirtualAssist.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really agreed with most of your points. I will highlight a few of them that I especially agree with and incorporate on a daily basis.

1. Plan for each day...We cannot make progress if we do not know where we are going!
    3. Ask of each new task before you: "Who is the best person to be doing this task?"...My business is based on this. I find the most qualified person to handle a task, so each person can perform where they are most qualified and most productive.
    5. Skip the morning news on TV...I understand what you're saying. There are more productive activities than TV, but I do keep up on the important news online.
    13. Do your next day's planning at the end of the day...I end each day this way, so the next morning is productive. I don't have to remember where I left off the night before.
    17. Figure out what you are very good at doing--delegate or outsource the rest...This is the key to a successful business that is consistently growing.
    18. Analyze the cost/benefit of what you are doing. It may be more cost-effective to delegate or outsource...Paying to outsource certain tasks may seem like unnecessary costs, but consider how much you're losing by doing that task instead of a more important task or a money making task.

7. draz

draz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have created my own rules which I believe will lead me to success.

It's the 5 F theory.

For the goals
    For the adventure
    For the health
    Focus on the things that you can control
    For me

I accompany this with the protection of the 2 D's

Do everything properly
    Don't try to beat anyone but yourself

Often when i'm not enjoying myself, I ask myself where my situation fits into. Then with a bit of acknowledgement, I don't feel so bad as I know it's leading to my long term goal.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very inspirational draz, how are the rules working out for you? Have you taken some time to write out a clear and concise goal?

9. Cleveland

Cleveland
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, this may sound simple but challenging to follow daily. Thanks for the reminder, I strayed away from the Basics.

10. draz

draz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

I can say that the rules work quite well, although sometimes I do forget them. In times of desperation they usually remind me of what I am wanting to acheive etc.

11. navast

navast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will follow this tips step by step.

12. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You don't watch television at night before you sleep or morning right after you wake up is because those are the times your subconscious fully function.

Those are the times you can easily condition what you think into your subconscious.

And some people claimed that watching television or the news is not going to help you to improve your thought pattern. They said that news from the television are negative. Be the judge for yourself about this.

Maybe you can try this out for yourself. Try to stay away from any newspaper or television for 21 days and you will know the results. :D

Follow the 20/80 rules simply means doing what is giving you most of the results.

Most people are spending 80% of their time to produce only 20% of the results.
    You need to focus on the 20% that is going to give you 80% of results.

Only 20% of the people are successful in this world, 80% of them are living like every others.

Only 20% of the people are rich, 80% of the rest are either poor or average.

I think this will explain the 2 tips. :)

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Shawn, that's very interesting and I'd like to hear you expand on that a little more. I like to read in bed, for a while before I go to sleep, is that good for the subconscious mind?

14. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing the tips to success. For me, the secret of success is "nothing". There is no substitute for hardwork. To be success in life, one must dream, have passion and commitment on what he is doing.

15. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okay, I'll try to explain. If you think about it generally, the first thing goes into your mind after you wake up and the last thing before you go to bed are going to affect your day, right?

This is a common sense, that is why success gurus will want you to read something helpful or positive to you before you sleep or after you wake up.

Some people use meditation for this. And some people will suggest you to plan for the next day the night before. This is because if you do so, you'll 'sink' your thought into your subconscious, and the next day when you wake up, you'll know what you'll have to do right away.

Do you know that there are 4 types of brainwaves?

Beta state, alpha state,theta state and delta state.

Beta state is where you are awake, just like right now. This is not a really good state for learning if compare with delta state.

Delta state is where you are in pre-sleep or pre-waking conditon. This is best for learning. You can absorb the most information during this state.

And I guess this will briefly explain why you need to read something helpful before you sleep and right after you wake up. You will condition your mind to think positively. :cool:

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Excellent explanation and tips there Shawn, thanks for that. I will take more care as to what I read last thing at night and first thing in the morning, that should help me to be even more positive than I am now.

17. larry1204

larry1204
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Work hard to get success.
    Everyday planned how and what work you have to finish within the stipulated time.
    Everyday proceed as per the sceduled routine.
    Always tell truth.

18. olivia751

olivia751
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

That's a great tips to be successful in life. This will help everyone to get success in life. Planning and hard work is really very important for every work.

Regards,
    Olivia

19. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have discovered the reason why we struggle i our daily lives is because we fail to manage time wisely...but 24 hours is quite enough if we dedicate a certain part to just one thing and not move on until we finish.

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a good point coolmac. We all have the same number of hours in the day and it's how we use those hours and minutes, that determines our success. For motivation, I often remind myself that people like Bill Gates don't have any more hours in their day than I have.