Rounded corners?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by LordRoco, Feb 25, 2013.

1. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you prefer rounded corners rather than the boxed types?

I think most users are turning into rounded corners because it gives a clean inerface to use. Also, the effect can be brought about using CSS and is merely a case of copy and paste! Does all this interest you?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I feel that it depends a lot on the individual site. Some sites look really great with rounded corners, but others look better with straight corners. In my opinion there isn't a definite rule as to which is best.

3. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Jeez! I forgot that BAF is having square corners :D I personally prefer having CSS rounded corners because they makes the site look neat and professional. I mean, anyone could style of new theme by changing some colors here and there. But when you add a rounded corner effects, it projects out the work you have done behind the scenes.

One obvious drawback is, IE doesnt support rounded corners, so you cant optimize your site for IE related browsers. But who uses IE anymore?!

4. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal. It depends on the site. I like rounded corners but some sites just look better with more edges. It just depends.